X Factor 2011 Megathread

I'm a size 12 bulimic, and whilst I'm not hugely offended by your remark but it does stir up a lot of my trigger feelings reading things like this if I'm honest. So does this me an idiot? This just goes to bloody show what I've always known-if I had a physical injury people would be sympathetic. As what I have is invisible then my feelings are obviously idiotic? I'm not sure people understand the full potential of fat "jokes".

Cat dear, I've met you, you are most certainly NOT fat.

Are you coming to the meet tonight still?

I'm a size 12 bulimic (not that I make myself sick...apparently you don't need to to qualify :roll: ), and whilst I'm not hugely offended by your remark but it does stir up a lot of my trigger feelings reading things like this if I'm honest. So does this me an idiot? This just goes to bloody show what I've always known-if I had a physical injury people would be sympathetic. As what I have is invisible then my feelings are obviously idiotic? I'm not sure people understand the full potential of fat "jokes".

Leah-lacie doesnt seem to have the sensitivity to understand or the humanity to understand. Her comments are insultive and uneducated in relation to this. Its so frustrating when people cant even see when educated how their comments can impact on others! I pity her and anyother person who thinks this is ok.

Are you really this uneducated or just pretending?

I have a differing opinion to you and it means that I am uneducated?

Please educate me then oh wise one who is quite obviously more educated than myself.

The thing is, this girl Jessie in Little Mix must know that the pop industry can be a cruel place built on how you look, more than how you sound.

She's obviously not your typical pop star looker, yet still went onto TV's biggest show with millions watching.

When a few weeks had gone by she began with the sob stories of how the media have been nasty about her weight issues. Come on...this was a brilliant PR move that made them even more popular.

I bet you any money that within a few months we will see a fitter, slimmer looking girl who will have conformed to the pop treadmill...With the headline in the paper "Look at me now!!!"

What i'm saying is, don't go on there and moan about it afterwards, you know the score in the first place! That's the materialistic pop world for you.

Cat dear, I've met you, you are most certainly NOT fat.

Are you coming to the meet tonight still?

Thank you Rich :) I dunno if I can be bothered now I'm home from Uni and I've got my duvet on sofa. See if I can drag my sorry bum back out into the cold. I couldn't half do with a pint actually :hihi:

Leah-lacie doesnt seem to have the sensitivity to understand or the humanity to understand. Her comments are insultive and uneducated in relation to this. Its so frustrating when people cant even see when educated how their comments can impact on others! I pity her and anyother person who thinks this is ok.

It just makes me incredibly sad. I'm having a really, really tough time with it at the moment, Christmas is simultaneously a joy and bloody hard work when you're fighting an eating disorder, but as long as people can voice their insensitive opinions then why does my mindset matter?:( I honestly think that until you've lived with an ED either yourself or someone close to you it's impossible to truly understand the implications of such comments though. If LL does not have this experience then I doubt she's being willfully malicious. Maybe I should just get a grip-only it's not that bloody easy, and I'm trying my absolute hardest!

The thing is, this girl Jessie in Little Mix must know that the pop industry can be a cruel place built on how you look, more than how you sound.

She's obviously not your typical pop star looker, yet still went onto TV's biggest show with millions watching.

When a few weeks had gone by she began with the sob stories of how the media have been nasty about her weight issues. Come on...this was a brilliant PR move that made them even more popular.

I bet you any money that within a few months we will see a fitter, slimmer looking girl who will have conformed to the pop treadmill...With the headline in the paper "Look at me now!!!"

What i'm saying is, don't go on there and moan about it afterwards, you know the score in the first place! That's the materialistic pop world for you.

You can't honestly just think that just because things do occur that makes them ok? Really? We should be fighting these attitudes, not accepting them as the norm!

Who said I don't have the experience?

I've ALWAYS struggled with my weight, I used to be constantly trying to lose weight, I do try not to eat if possible now, I'm on a very very minimal diet. Not that I'm purposely trying to get myself very very thin, just a bit of the baby flab off would suit. I've been bullied about being fat most of my life, and mostly by my own family. I got past caring, and am quite happy in myself. But, I chose to use the word FAT as opposed to some other PC term in this thread, and of course, that means I don't get it.

iphonelover - how did i not answer your question?

If someone is size 8, fits into clothes clearly labelled up at size 8, yet looks in the mirror and sees a beast, and then blames my comments (and other online chats) and being offended by them on the problem - Then yes they are an idiot.

I did try to say IN MY OPINION 3 times to let you know that this is of course MY OPINION and shouldn't have to be explained.

What? So it doesn't matter if you can sing like an Angel on heat, as long as you LOOK like a Star?! :loopy:

Since when do looks sell CDs?

Who said I don't have the experience?

I've ALWAYS struggled with my weight, I used to be constantly trying to lose weight, I do try not to eat if possible now, I'm on a very very minimal diet. Not that I'm purposely trying to get myself very very thin, just a bit of the baby flab off would suit. I've been bullied about being fat most of my life, and mostly by my own family. I got past caring, and am quite happy in myself. But, I chose to use the word FAT as opposed to some other PC term in this thread, and of course, that means I don't get it.

iphonelover - how did i not answer your question?

If someone is size 8, fits into clothes clearly labelled up at size 8, yet looks in the mirror and sees a beast, and then blames my comments (and other online chats) and being offended by them on the problem - Then yes they are an idiot.

I did try to say IN MY OPINION 3 times to let you know that this is of course MY OPINION and shouldn't have to be explained.

I never said you didn't have the experience, I said IF you didn't, and actually I was defending you if you read my post properly :)

And I wish I was able to not care like you, I really do. I'm a size 12 yet I struggle with this ED on a daily basis. I'd give anything for it to go away as the rational part of me knows it doesn't bloody matter what size I am!!!

Im sorry your going through a tough time. Life is such a rollercoaster at times. Your obviously strong which is a good start, make sure people close support you

Thank you! People have this image of people with EDs and it's not true-I have a full, happy life. I'm getting married next year and have not a real care in the world apart from this. I'll never get over it but that's the nature of bulimia-I've leant to control it a little but on and off I will have a bit of a wobble-Xmas is just a tough time for a foodie loving bulimic on so many levels :hihi::hihi:

I know I'm probably coming across as uncaring on here, I'm really not though. But can I ask who do you personally blame for your ED?

I don't blame anyone, it's a combination of factors IMO. Although constant bombardment of "perfect" airbrushed ladies on TV certainly doesn't help my body image I'm certain it wasn't one of my triggers, and more than intelligent enough to realise they aren't real. The trouble lies when occasionally I'm unable to reign in and control my ED thoughts, and that's when irrelevant and patently ridiculous images in the media are difficult to stomach.

I obviously don't understand getting so deep into that mindset, that you can't pull yourself out of it even after you realise, I've never been quite that bad, I suppose I'm lucky, I quite like being fat, at least I haven't got a pair of £5,000 fake boobs like my skinny sister (they're still smaller than mine by half) :hihi:

Ha one of my thinner sisters had a boob job too-although they are bigger than mine unfortunately. I favour Primark chicken fillets, a thousand times cheaper than a boob job and you can wash them in the sink :hihi::hihi: Wish I had your bloody mindedness when it comes to ignoring the comments of others :) I don't want to be skinny either-I'm more worried about putting weight on than concerned with losing it. I would dislike being too skinny, at 5 foot 8 and medium build my body shape couldn't take it!

It seems you are unable to read - I will say again keep it civil and get back on topic which is the xfactor in general not weight, size or body dismorphia.