X Factor 2011 Megathread

OK, I get the entertaining TV bit. Despite my loathing of the show, I can actually understand why people watch it.

You have to admit though, there is a very dark side to X Faxtor as far as making money is concerned.

The contestants are already being used as advertising gimps, raking in the cash for Simon Cowell.

The show is blatantly fixed from the start. A good example of this would be when they follow the contestants from their homes to their first audition.

The worrying thing about the X Factor is that people actually buy into it by voting, down loading the live performances, buying the winners single and, worse of all, going to the live show!

I actually agree with you in all you have said there. There difference is that I don't care, nor do I see why anyone else should care. Even though the contestants are cash cows for Cowell, they are earning far more than they would before they went on the show. So it's a win-win situation all round. There are no losers. And I get to watch the X Factor every year.

The show is blatantly fixed from the start. A good example of this would be when they follow the contestants from their homes to their first audition.

When the Xfactor held auditions at the city hall in Sheffield, I passed comment to someone in the queue about Simon and Sharon Osbourne, and they told me these were just the first auditions and they wouldn't see the real judges today. Whether they do these first auditions, then chose the best of those to follow to the next stages, I'm not sure.

Its also possible they talk to someone outside the auditions, and if they then get through, they film a bit of them at home and leaving to go to auditions and cut it in afterwards.

When the Xfactor held auditions at the city hall in Sheffield, I passed comment to someone in the queue about Simon and Sharon Osbourne, and they told me these were just the first auditions and they wouldn't see the real judges today. Whether they do these first auditions, then chose the best of those to follow to the next stages, I'm not sure.

Yeah, there are auditions before the TV auditions, apparently.

Its also possible they talk to someone outside the auditions, and if they then get through, they film a bit of them at home and leaving to go to auditions and cut it in afterwards.

I know someone who went along to the first stage auditions - which is in front of 3/4 random people....and the person can actually sing. They were asked if they have a story - to which the person told them no, they just came to sing. They were asked again if they have anything that is special when they are singing so they admitted that they always sing at the Hillsborough memorial in Liverpool so the 'judges' said they would use that. When my friend said no they didnt want to use it as a 'story' they were basically told they would not be getting any further!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Factor-2011-Little-Mix-Winners-Audio-CD-/170746648663?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item27c14b1857#ht_500wt_1202

And one desperate person has even purchased this CD album which I assume is stuck together out of the performances you can "download from ITV.com at the end of the show!"

The fat bird from Little Mix should leave and make her own new group: Pick n' Mix :hihi:

One of Little Mix looks like ET in a dress.

Edit; Seen that I've been beaten to the joke. I'll keep it in anyway. :)

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

Little Mix, breath of fresh air?? You are joking, right?

Compare them to a girl group then yes.....Spice girls :gag:....The Saturdays - boring...as none of them can sing live. I think given the right kind of music they will go far. Its all personal choice at the end of the day Bonzo.

No one can deny that they all can sing. Just because its not your taste in music, doesnt mean they are crap.

Edited by missymoo73

cream, bee gees, hendrix, plus a few more. none of the contestants in x factor has ever released a single or album i would consider buying, despite enjoying watching a few of the shows

matt cardle came something close to attempting to put over real music in his own style but was soon pretty much reigned in to just another x factor stylee.

But I also like those kinds of music apart from Hendrix. Just because I like Little Mix doesnt mean I dont appreciate good music.

Im glad little mix won, none of them seem big headed, cocky me myself and i's which is unusual these days, only adele i can think of recently who doesnt come across as that way, i hope they remain grounded and the genuine friendly girls the public fell in love with.