X Factor 2011 Megathread

Wow that performance from Sammy was brilliant, even I gave her a standing ovation!

Be interesting to see if she can sing anything else? Me and the husband both imagine her singing that song week in and week out at her local boozer?

Be interesting to see if she can sing anything else? Me and the husband both imagine her singing that song week in and week out at her local boozer?

With a voice like that, she'll be able to lend her voice to most songs.

Cheryl Cole will reportedly return to The X Factor for the live shows.

According to Heat, the Girls Aloud singer could replace one of the new judges should she make a comeback to the panel.

Cole first joined the singing competition in 2008, but left this year when she was picked for The X Factor USA. She was later axed from the American show and replaced by Nicole Scherzinger.

An alleged insider told the magazine: "It's an extremely closely guarded secret. Some people who work on the show don't even know about this yet, but Cheryl is in talks to come back as a guest judge on the live shows.

"And while nothing's signed or set in stone, everyone involved knows it's going to be the most explosive thing The X Factor's ever seen."

Full story here

I think it could happen. It wouldn't be fair on the judge being given the boot though.

Tulisa vs Cheryl catfight. would pay good money if it was on pay per view !

So whats the point of boot camp,quite a few tonight were garbage,completly forgot there words but still get put through, do they already know what the final line up will be.

I was bit annoyed that the likes of Goldie, Kitty and Kendro got through to bootcamp round 2 tonight when some with genuine talent got kicked off/pushed into being a group!!!

Louis Walsh looked at Gary Barlow and said "It's not all about singing".

That says it all to me! Waste of time watching!

Louis Walsh is the weakest link in the entire program now. When it showed clips of what to expect tonight you clearly heard him say "i don't care. I want her in". I'll bet any money that was for the oriental woman who thinks she is Tina Turner. She is just this years meal ticket for him after Jedward and Wagner.

The scripting and fakeness (did i just invent a word there?), of it all is unbearable as well. Why can't they just go back to the same as it was when it first started?. Does anyone actually fall for the sob stories or the 'i think we made a mistake' or the cash cow groups that are being forced together?. All it gets in our house is :roll:

it really was bad tonight. faked tears , people being thrown off then forced back into "groups" as they obviously didnt have enough talent within the actual contestant groups. the young irish lass, with the croaky voice, sure fire "next big thing aka cher lloyd".

highlights- crazy chinese woman chasing gary barlow (unfortunately not armed with a butchers knife), young lass in very revealing light-up outfit who comically collapsed at the end. the new "gay jedwardII" sacked off the show thankfully.

one or two semi decent singers in amongst the manufactured dross. be interesting to see what apertains, and how quickly we forget who actually wins.

Have just watched tonights show (i was watching on +1) i kind of agree with most of the final 32 but there is a few that have made me think 'what are they doing' eg Goldie is through on the overs when Chrissie was still stood there!! Also the fact that Kitty is through too - and knowing the way louis works he will have both of them in his final 4!!!!

The putting groups together is obvious as it has happened a few times time - One Direction last year being one of them groups....but i dont get why a group they havent even heard is at judges houses!

Girls and boys are both pretty strong - i do agree with Janet (irish girl) being big thing but to me she sounds a bit like Diana Vickers....be intesresting to see the final 4's for each next week

one good thing is that Kendro didnt go through as i saw them as the next Jedward!! so that was a phew when they went

I cannot fathom the appeal of X Factor; it seems little more than a vulgar, crass karaoke hosted by tactless millionaires, whose purpose is to jeer at frequently deluded or unhinged members of the public desperate to become famous by singing other people's songs.