X Factor 2011 Megathread

I liked the young Irish girl but I wish she had said "I'm going to sing Your Song, Ellie Gouldings version" instead of trying to pass it off as her version of Elton's.

Kitty was very annoying and a very old 26.

There were 2 good singers on Xtra Factor, a man called Jamie in his 30's and a young guy who did a Justin Timberlake song, shame they wern't featured on the main show.

I like Kelly as a judge and Louis as always!

just got back from hols and watched on 'watch again' - LOVE X factor, its the best thing on the telly and the new panel are class, should've ditched louis as well and gone for an all new look - glad to see the back of whingey knickers cheryl and how fit is that lass out of N dubz! the irish girl could have an xmas No1 if she develops and loony tunes kitty should be a good watch.

guilty pleasure

I've just watched this as was out last night and I got to say was pleasantly surprised how entertaining the new judges are and how well the seem to have slotted in to Dani, Cheryl and Simons places. Gary Barlow is great as always :love: x

I totally agree.

I must admit that I was a bit sceptical about this series, so far it seems ok. It will be interesting to see how the new judges cope with mentoring their acts

I reckon the 'mentoring' is bogus - the acts are handed over to top class voice/dance/movement/media trainers and I doubt the celebs have anything real to do with it.

I'm just curious where the judges houses will be this year ...besides Louis of course.

It's such a con! It's all fake and all fixed!

Why do the cameras follow some contestants from their homes to the auditions?...... Because it's a FIX!!!

Why do the cameras follow some contestants from their homes to the auditions?...... Because it's a FIX!!!

I thought it was supposed to be us watching auditions, not us taking a tour of the country looking at peoples houses. The scripting has gone to a whole new level this year. I bet the winner has been coached for months already just like they did with Leona Lewis.

The chubby scouse lad had a decent voice though. He sounded like a mix of James Blunt and Joe Cocker to me.

of course its fake, its not the olympic 100 metres its the bloody x factor! every second is tailored and superbly edited to create a triumphally good saturday night's telly for those of us with no social lives.

fat lad whose dad makes biscuits - good, not great.

harmony singers - sound nice, uninteresting.

manc black girl - outstanding and a potential winner which is why they went back and filmed a journey on the bus and pretended it was 'live'.

the girl out of n dubz is also so pretty that I feel a warm feeling every time she is in close up.

what a saddo I have become.

of course its fake, its not the olympic 100 metres its the bloody x factor! every second is tailored and superbly edited to create a triumphally good saturday night's telly for those of us with no social lives.

fat lad whose dad makes biscuits - good, not great.

harmony singers - sound nice, uninteresting.

manc black girl - outstanding and a potential winner which is why they went back and filmed a journey on the bus and pretended it was 'live'.

the girl out of n dubz is also so pretty that I feel a warm feeling every time she is in close up.

what a saddo I have become.

generally its the first few episodes that we watch, for the loonies and wannabes. soon as it gets to the actual finals and weekly performances it loses its magic.

can anyone genuinely remember who won last year? or what have they done since?

or who won 2/3 yrs ago and how well they did? their is only one winner as we all know and its mr cowell and his company, its a license to print money and people love it :D

ye it is your right! but the odd stand out talent is still nice to watch, especially that little irish lass, she is the only stand out talent so far! i only watch it cus my kids have got it on! honest

generally its the first few episodes that we watch, for the loonies and wannabes. soon as it gets to the actual finals and weekly performances it loses its magic.

can anyone genuinely remember who won last year? or what have they done since?

or who won 2/3 yrs ago and how well they did? their is only one winner as we all know and its mr cowell and his company, its a license to print money and people love it :D

absolutely not - there has never been an x factor contestant that i would waste time or money on outside the format of the show, but watching the superbly crafted telly show with my kid is saturday night sorted.

there's dr who back as well today, though I couldn't make head nor tale of it today, it's turning into the matrix (which to me is a very bad thing)