Growing veg in old tin bath?

I have 2 old tin baths that have sat around all summer not being used, I was going to use them for veg but was a little concerned that traces of tin could get into the veg. Does anyone know if it is Ok to use them for veg or shall I just use them for flowers?

Thanks

You can grow brilliant carrots and parsnips in them wooler. Make sure you put some drainage holes in the bottom and away you go!

^^^Wot she said^^^^

I am a little envious as I love growing veg in quirky things.:love: The garden or allotment is just soooo predictable.:(

I grow a load of salad stuff in them. Great things for growing stuff and slugs don't like them. I'm not sure if it's still there but there is/was a brilliant iron mongers in Attercliffe that used to sell them.

Mmm I wonder? I'd love a couple to grow parsnips in. I remember giving one away 30 years ago that had been in regular use as we had no bathroom, to our milkman who farms in Stannington and wanted it for water for his cows. If I'd known I'd become a veg grower I'd have kept it!

Thanks everyone, I think I will give it a go, I like the idea of slugs not liking them they have eaten everything this year and my dislike of killing any living creature is wearing thin right now. Miss Creant you would love my garden then, I call it my kitchen garden cus all my flowers are grown in sinks, sieves, old pots, pans etc, I grow flowers in tin buckets but always worried a little growing edible stuff in the tin baths.