Lamp posts in Shiregreen/Ecclesfield

I think the look great ..i love them .. brightens up the area ..

I have not seen them but it sounds a great idea to brighten up our streets, come on folks lets try an brighten up our lives

What road in Shiregreen? I'd be interested to see them.

What road in Shiregreen? I'd be interested to see them.
They're not just on one road, they're dotted around all over the estate.

There is one outside the Community Centre on Sicey Avenue with skulls and bats and halloweeny type things on, one on the opposite corner og Gregg House Road and Sicey Avenue and one further down Gregg House road, I don't know the names of the other roads but they are just dotted around.

Haven't they actually planted more replacement trees than they cut down?

No doubt there will be some sancturian person with a spread sheet keeping count and will no doubt pull a magical up ward pointing graph but I think most people will take some convincing.

I mentioned earlier the lamposts are a good idea lets hope the improve them with plants etc also the wooden bollards are a good idea too and hopeully it will stop the ripping up of verges by thoughtless drivers.

But for people commenting on here who do not live on the estate I suggest they come up to the estate and have a look at the standard of the work as some of it is really poor.

ITS as though the man with the ideas didnt give the man doing the job enough money and consequently it has become a bit of mish mash, which probably will not last long and probably end up costing Sanctuary more money in the long run.

Which is a shame.

Edited by Tigerfan

No doubt there will be some sancturian person with a spread sheet keeping count and will no doubt pull a magical up ward pointing graph but I think most people will take some convincing.

If you have concerns that Sanctuary aren't meeting their obligation about replacing trees, get in touch with the Council and your Couincillors. I believe they are required to at least replace any trees they remove (although not necessarily in exactly the same location)

ITS as though the man with the ideas didnt give the man doing the job enough money and consequently it has become a bit of mish mash, which probably will not last long and probably end up cosying Sanctuary more money in the long run.

Think you could be right with this.

ITS as though the man with the ideas didnt give the man doing the job enough money and consequently it has become a bit of mish mash, which probably will not last long and probably end up cosying Sanctuary more money in the long run.

Which is a shame.

I have to agree with this, sadly most of the improvements made to the estate are rather superficial and I doubt that they will last for many years, including the improvements on the houses...I can't help but wonder what happens to the estate then.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the finished effect will be re the lamp posts :)

I like the newly coloured lamp posts too, but they do need to be put to some kind of use...would look really great with hanging baskets, can't see that happening though and rightly so they probably wouldn't last 5 mins :rolleyes:

yes i agree some really bright hanging baskets would look great:D

The footpath work is shocking ha ha, they have tarmaced straight over some weeds on my front and its all crumbling already !!! Plus they have noy used any edgings up to the grass verges and guess what ? Thats gonna crumble away in the next year or so !!! But yeah.....paint the lamp posts.

yet i also agree they have made a mess of the verges, i do actually like the wooden blocks, but i keep thinking how long will they last in bad weather, they will soon look a right mess, ive also been walking round noticing how they have just put tarmac over weeds and grass and not even used edging, it looks stupid

If they are the same lamp-posts that I have seen on my driving lessons then I think they are really funky. :)