Town End Road - Ecclesfield

Hi there,

I've been looking through picturesheffield and a few other places but cant find any old pictures of Town End Road.

Does anyone have any?

Thanks,

you might be better asking on the "ecclesfield village" thread, a few of the users on there are quite knowledgable about ecclesfield & have pictures, they will probably be able to give you the names of books with all the pictures in

Have you tried Pete's Pictures at the bottom of Yew Lane .. ? i'm pretty sure they have a few old postcard sized prints of Ecco ....Also , there's a stall in the upstairs part of Barnsley Market that has old photo's of the surrounding areas ...(including Ecco ...you might be lucky )

Thanks guys, much appreciated :-)

also worth a try is GT NEWS on station road, chapeltown, underneath ASDA. they usually have a good choice of books relating to various areas of sheffield, all containing local history in pictures.

GT in Chap is closing "any day" (what the woman behind the counter told me)

Ive got a book (or 2) with pics of the area around the Griffin and the White Bear in "Ecclesfield Camera",

JJ..

Eighup Syca ..i called in t' GT t'other day ..they've gorra sale on as they are closing . I had a look for 'Ecco' related stuff..Nowt whatsoever ....You OK Mate ? :)

Eighup Syca ..i called in t' GT t'other day ..they've gorra sale on as they are closing . I had a look for 'Ecco' related stuff..Nowt whatsoever ....You OK Mate ? :)

just taking it one day at a time mate. got results from scans today. It has spread but consultant says treatment should slow it down. hormone therapy and radio therapy. thanks for asking mate, i'll keep you informed.

just taking it one day at a time mate. got results from scans today. It has spread but consultant says treatment should slow it down. hormone therapy and radio therapy. thanks for asking mate, i'll keep you informed.
though we was talkin bout ecclesfield not your illness