Are you a Miss, Mrs or Ms?

Ladies, do you get offended when/or if you are ever asked this question?

I got married 11 weeks ago so I'm trying to adjust to being called Mrs.

Feel like a fraud when people ask for my name and I say 'Mrs Jones'. I think because I'm still quite young too, some people take a second look when I hand over my cards at the till thinking I've nicked them! I feel like flashing my wedding ring and saying 'Look! I am married!'

i am a mrs but until i got married i was always a ms. not sure my marital status is anyone elses business.

I once worked in a call centre and used to try and avoid asking women this question, it's amazing how many people are offended by it. I used to get the odd woman who refused to answer so would have to stick them down as a 'Ms'. Many women would call back and complain as they weren't divorced or widowed, but I think that that's just a theory.

Personally, I'm more offended if people assume that I'm a miss, I'd rather be asked the question.

xxx

Originally posted by Jojo2

I once worked in a call centre and used to try and avoid asking women this question, it's amazing how many people are offended by it. I used to get the odd woman who refused to answer so would have to stick them down as a 'Ms'. Many women would call back and complain as they weren't divorced or widowed, but I think that that's just a theory.

Personally, I'm more offended if people assume that I'm a miss, I'd rather be asked the question.

xxx

Ha exactly the reason I asked. I work in a call centre and some people are soooooo moody about it!

I can never understand wot a Ms is

Originally posted by andee

I can never understand wot a Ms is

I guess its if you don't want to be a Mrs or Miss, so its polite. Or if you have divorced or something then you call yourself a Ms? Someone asked me once, I just told them that.

I dont mind people writing Ms, and that is what I put on official letters if I dont know whether or not the lady is married. However, I would always put Mrs if I knew they were married. I understand that divorced or widowed ladies might prefer Ms though.

I knew someone who was also a Ms because she didn't change her name when she got married (because she was related to somebody famous and wanted to keep the name).

I got married 2 years ago and i sound and look quite young but i'd rather be asked then someone just presume i'm a miss.

Got divorced in 1995 and was a Ms for 9yrs. Hated saying Ms but OK to write it.

Now Im very proud to be a Mrs again :smile:

I can't understand why people get so mardy??

Why worry that they know your marital status when they have your phone number???

;)