Anyone NOT paid a parking ticket at Centretainment??

Cutting a long story short, my 16 year old son and his mate went to the cinema last night on their scooters. Not wanting them to be stolen locked them to a lamp post to the rear area near the bowling alley, not obstructing the footpath. Came back and found a parking notice on the bikes.

Others threads say dont pay!!!! :huh:

Has anyone had a notice recently and not paid???

And could this company take two sixtenn year olds to court? :help:

There is no secure parking for them

If the parking notice is from Sheffield City Council then pay it otherwise throw it in the bin.

I'm afraid some people just like being unhelpful on here.

I would maybe contact whatever number on the ticket and tell them the reason for the bikes being where they were and ask them to reconsider the ticket and not do it again.

Are you CERTAIN they were not blocking the footpath???

Reply to the notice with these words. .... get lost

I never thought bikes could be fined for parking.If they got a pay and display ticket for example,where could they stick it with out someone coming along and pulling it off?i always thought they where exempt,with in reason.

Hi Andover

Have a look at this

I'm afraid some people just like being unhelpful on here.

I would maybe contact whatever number on the ticket and tell them the reason for the bikes being where they were and ask them to reconsider the ticket and not do it again.

Are you CERTAIN they were not blocking the footpath???

The first reply wasn't being unhelpful, it is what they should do with the 'ticket' = Throw it away and do not contact the number on the 'ticket' as they are not legal enforcable fines

yes i agree under no circumstances cantact them

Went there the other day saw people getting tickets, they actually take pictures for proof aswell so if your in the wrong beware they do have proof.

I'm afraid the lawbreakers MUST pay the fine.

Why didn't they lock them to the bike rack to the right of the cinema?

They are probably safe to ignore them but if they were causing a serious obstruction then the company have better grounds for chasing it than they do with drivers who have stayed for more than 3 hours.