Splitting large bedroom into smaller ones

Just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on this?

We have a big front bedroom and a small back bedroom and 2 kids a boy and girl, there only 1 and 2 at the moment so sharing is no problem at the mo, but in 4-5 years they will want there own space. We were thinking of doing the loft out but I know this will cost in the region of 8-10k so we have been thinking about splitting the large front bedroom into 2, the only thing is with how the window's are placed, it would mean one room wouldn't get a window as we'd split in the other way round if you get me. Does anyone know about this or has anyone had it done?

Just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on this?

We have a big front bedroom and a small back bedroom and 2 kids a boy and girl, there only 1 and 2 at the moment so sharing is no problem at the mo, but in 4-5 years they will want there own space. We were thinking of doing the loft out but I know this will cost in the region of 8-10k so we have been thinking about splitting the large front bedroom into 2, the only thing is with how the window's are placed, it would mean one room wouldn't get a window as we'd split in the other way round if you get me. Does anyone know about this or has anyone had it done?

You could cut out and put an new window in, we have done this before on developments.

If you want us to have a look PM me.

the way regs are now for loft conversions , theres no way you'd get one done for 8 - 10k . Be much cheaper to put another window in , or just a bigger one and split it.

Our front bedrrom has a big double window and a little single window in like an alcove thing so I was thinking instead of splittle in that way, split it the other but that would mean the room on the right wouldn't get a window and the other room would get both. It's hard to explain on here, it's not something were thinking of doing just now but maybe in 2 years time?

A friend of mine has just had a loft conversion done for 26k, including 1 large dormer on the rear, 2 smaller dormers on the front (to comply with planning regs.) and an en-suite. The builders fitted the stairs as there wern't any at all. The only extra thing they paid was for the plans at £1200 I think and the building regs and planning regs costs. It may seem expensive on its own but they now have loads of extra space. If you divide a room up, you actually end up with less space. A window supplied and fitted cost us £1200.

Hiya

I ahve just had a stunning double side and single back extension built by RAH Building Services. Russ has a complete team and all are fully qualified and can provide certificates for all works done.

Clean reliable and excellant workmanship...I am one happy client !!

We were very lucky to find him and his team. He does all size jobs and really is reasonably priced.

Russ - 07808963477

Hi the problem with the room with no window is no fire escape. If your like me and love your kids which i'm sure you do, don't do anything to put their safety at risk.

Yeah we were speaking regarding this at the weekend and I said the building regs might not let you do it anyway because of the fire escape.

We have a 3 storey house, so 2 double bedrooms at top floor and one smaller one at ground level. At the moment we have a young daughter at the bottom and our son (5) at the top. We'd like everyone to be on the same level to this means splitting one of the large bedrooms into 2.

It can be done, but what would be the popular consensus regarding the saleability of the house, value etc?

The 2 bedrooms would obviously be smaller, one maybe still classed as a double..but then there would be 4 bedrooms.

Is there an attic/loft or 'room at the top' to create one?

There is but the house is new and has truss rafters. It'll be far to expensive to create an additional room in the loft, although money no object, that's what I would have gone for

We are in a similar situation and are considering putting up a stud wall to divide a large first floor bedroom into two. We would take it down again when our son was old enough to move up to an attic room, so it wouldn't impact on the house price if we decided to sell.