Is this place in my dreams or real ?

Paradise Square used to be called Pot Square and a man once auctioned his wife there,sorry i don't know what the final offer was,John Wesley also preached there and Francis Chantrey had a studio in the bottom left hand corner.

F.H. Wheeler (Electricians) used to occupy the middle building at the lower side of Paradise square. I had my first job there at 15.

The upstairs window where I had my fag at breaktime was where Wesley stood and preached to the crowd.

Of course I didn't know that at the time, because in those days, its fair to say, working people had little, or no interest in local history. We were part of it, and we wanted to escape from it.

I learned all I know about Sheffileld's history only after I moved to Canada, including where my name came from (a small village in West Yorkshire)

That is the place i immediately thought of as well. Back in the 60's those buildings could have been used by Little Mesters i suppose.

hiya, hardly likely to have had little mesters around paradise square as this area was for big mesters,my wifes g/grandfather was a bespoke tailor there in 1895, it was said that he made uniforms for gen gordon he had the generals measurements on a model.now the area could have been say backfields, from near barkers pool down to wellington st, and there again it could have been one or dozens of streets, where i lived there were i suppose hundreds of little mesters.

I believe the 'sloping square' to which you refer is in Paradise Squire. The squre is cobbled and companies around the square these days are law firms. Hope this helps.