We done it we rescued a poundie

Hi

We want to intrudce the 3 legged husky from pound. I not sure if we mad :loopy:

But have a lot of thinking we know wanted another dog for Mish our husky x mal. We was going to mate her and her pup but with so many unwanted dogs i was not happy to this. Then we seen him in pound we went down they both got on great. It only been a day so we no it early day and there going to be teething problems but we prepared. He settling in well so far and get use to Sox (cat). He needs work with house training and training. He lovely. They said on add he was a husky but he defentially got German Shepard in there. He young. He currently nameless why keep referring to him. Fingers crossed all will go well cause he a sweetie :love:. I will post pics as soon as have them. Any advice on a 3 legged dog would be helpful I done some research. We looking a harness as been told it may help him. He lost back leg do you think this will help ?

Thank you for reading

Edited by pink fairy

Fair play for taking on a rescue dog rather than going down the puppy route - if more people did the same it would certainly make life easier for the pounds / rescues.

Did have the Husky listed on our site, he certainly is a good looking dog and hopefully will get on great with your other animals and respond well to training.

Oh and before any beats me to it.... where's the pics? :o

Here a couple of picture i will try and get some better of Mish and nameless when can get them to sit still long enough :hihi:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/smilezoe/DSCN0851.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/smilezoe/DSCN0852.jpg

Edited by pink fairy
Technology crisis

Hi Pink Fairy,

In 1997 I adopted my beloved Bubu collie x dog from Thornberry, he had 3 legs due to a rta whilst with his previous owner. During the following 9 years (nearly) that we were together we walked miles, he could still run at great speed when he wanted too and many people stopped to chat to me as they were touched to see him managing so well with only one back leg. It was only for the last few months of his life back in 2006 that he really slowed down. Hope you have a long and happy life together with your 3 leggity!

Hi thank you BuBu for your post it very encouraging. We walk Mish for miles and was worried he would not cope.

Yes Mr nameless has a name Teeko it means great spirit.

Love it. I have such a soft spot and love for huskies.. Glad to see he's safe :)

Its nice to see you have rescued the husky he looked so sweet in the photos hope all goes well and he gets along ok with your other dog and animals he just needs some tlc and some trasining i am sure he will be fine good luck.

Thank you all.

Teeko is doing really well and settling in well. Teeko and Mishka are becoming a pack I caught them snuggling the other day so cute. Mish is teaching him lots including how to talk husky. He has not got a howl yet it was a squeak but he trying to howl. He does woof a lot more that Mish but I think that be Gsd in him.

T been very busy meeting my friends dogs he gets on great with them all. He very chilled dog and seem to like every dog or human he meets. We getting there we cat slowly. But not worried Mish was 1 and 1/2 when we got cat and for couple of weeks she was so inquisitive then they cuddle up and when sleep together.

T doing really well with toilet training he ask to go out and starting to hold it bit longer. T knows basic commands so we working on them with him. T good on lead and does not like sitting not sure if that to do with his leg but if we say down he either sit or lay which is cool. His recall is brill he come back better than M he has a invisible leads. He sleeping through and doing well in crate. Yea is training easier that expected cause he got basics and learning off mish.

3 legs does not hold him back in the slightest.

Teeko is a beautiful dog full of spirit and we glad he come to join our family.

(As I was writing this hubby comes in and Teeko def finding that husky voice so we now how both of them talking , it comical and cute)

Here some pics password: teekoandmish

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/smilezoe/Teeko%20and%20Mishka/

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

So adorable, i'm smitten with them both :)

heya, thats great taking on a 3 legged dog, and a rescue at that!:clap:

Hope thing continue to go well and you will have to post photos of them snuggling. :D