Boxer jailed for Alibi Assault

The only people who think it's wrong are friends and relatives (and some kids brought along by their stupid parents) who think that as Hinkler is known to them he must therefore be innocent. They're too moronic to see that everyone is a friend or realative of someone else and on their thinking everyone who committed murder would therefore be innocent. The jury reached the right verdict. The protestors are a wunch of bankers.

I felt a little (only a little) sympathy for this stupid kid.

He did not mean to KILL the guy, and I assumed he would be done for manslaughter. Until I just looked up manslaughter in the dictionary.

It turns out it was murder and he should be charged for murder.

This should serve as a wake up call to everybody in bars and clubs looking to start a punch-up with people (like our victim) who want no part in it. One punch on the wrong person, in the wrong place at the wrong time could turn into a 10 year murder stretch even if you didnt intend on killing him.

does anybody else think this is wrong!

i was actually in the que when this happened , and the bloke whos been sent down deserves EVERYTHING he gets

how can he be innocent? :loopy:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/court_protest_over_boxer_s_murder_conviction_1_3684636

Did you see it happen, and if so was it exactly as described in the Star report?

We've been far too lax punishing criminals for far too long in this country.

I say he got what he deserved.

Perhaps if the courts weren't as lenient we wouldn't have had the recent widescale rioting.

Be very, very careful about forming opinions from what you read in the paper !!!!!!!!!!!

Be very, very careful about forming opinions from what you read in the paper !!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say the OP formed their opinion on first hand evidence.

We've been far too lax punishing criminals for far too long in this country.

I say he got what he deserved.

Perhaps if the courts weren't as lenient we wouldn't have had the recent widescale rioting.

In the picture the so called 'protesters' all seem to be young women - are they all infatuated with him, I wonder? Seems a little strange to me. :suspect:

The dead guy was running away and punched in the back of the head. The bloke who did it was a very good boxer and surely knows what damage he could do. He deserved the sentence, they should also sterilise all his idiot friends as nothing good will ever come of them!

what they need to do now is put some big posters outside bars and clubs telling all the drunken idiots they could throw their lives away with 1 stupid punch,, or they could just ban alcohol seen as it kills more people than anything else,, including all the illegal drugs put together......:rant:

what they need to do now is put some big posters outside bars and clubs telling all the drunken idiots they could throw their lives away with 1 stupid punch,, or they could just ban alcohol seen as it kills more people than anything else,, including all the illegal drugs put together......:rant:

What a fantastic idea. Well said.