Solar Panel Megathread

Not read the dial recently.

EDF has confirmed that its finance director has quit ahead of an expected final investment decision on the £18bn Hinkley Point nuclear power plant.

Thomas Piquemal stepped down because he feared the project could jeopardise EDF's financial position, according to reports.

EDF shares opened 8.2% lower on Monday.

hi ive got a south west facing 12 panel 3.5kwh system fitted and it was wired into a samil 2 way iverter on 2 strings for all 12 panels , this lasted 3 years and blew the chip.

i rang the company up that installed the system and samil uk said that it needed to be wired in 4 strings,,,,6 on 2 and another 6 on 2 so it worked right on the 2 way inverter .

since my pv company have fitted this it doesnt seem to be makeing pv like it used to

for example today the 30th of oct a full dull day its made a mear 0.56kwh all day , does this sound right?

what has other peoples made today?

Ikea Won’t Spend £524m Green Energy Pot In Britain.

In a rare attack on government policy, the Swedish flatpack giant declared it would have to go elsewhere to finance projects, including wind farms, due to the UK’s “political context”.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ikea-renewable-energy-fund-wont-benefit-britain_uk_5878c125e4b0f3b82a375ba4?

Ikea Won’t Spend £524m Green Energy Pot In Britain.

In a rare attack on government policy, the Swedish flatpack giant declared it would have to go elsewhere to finance projects, including wind farms, due to the UK’s “political context”.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ikea-renewable-energy-fund-wont-benefit-britain_uk_5878c125e4b0f3b82a375ba4?

Why don't they invest in Scotland? Not only is it windier, they have a different 'political context'.

Hello there

We have been thinking of having a solar battery fitted so we can store the excess electricity generated during the day to use at night we realise that at this time of year the panels wont generate much so we wont be storing any. We still have economy 7 electricity & we were told that because the night rate is very cheap we could have the system set to charge the solar battery during the night so we could use the electricity we have put into the battery at night to save us using the more expensive day time electricity, this sounds a great idea but I am not a techy in these matters & we are always very sceptical of the bumph you read & told about things as some people will tell you any load of <removed> to get you to buy. we have 12 panel 4kw system fitted. We have been meaning to get off the economy 7 system for ages but never got round to doing it but maybe it could benefit us by having it ? Any advice greatly received.

hi,

who has solar panels and is it worth it? which company is best to go for?

i had someone round few years ago who told me i cant have it on my roof as it didnt get enough sun light, few weeks ago i had another company round, who said i can have it as their system is different but its very expensive.

any advioce welcome...

hi,

who has solar panels and is it worth it? which company is best to go for?

i had someone round few years ago who told me i cant have it on my roof as it didnt get enough sun light, few weeks ago i had another company round, who said i can have it as their system is different but its very expensive.

any advioce welcome...

Do you want them because it earns you money, or because they reduce your carbon footprint?

I have free panels(8) on my roof, when I am out the electricity fee produced goes to the panels owner.

i want them so i dont have to pay for my eleccy usage, not soo much bothered about them earning me money but the person who came round did say i can earn upto £500 a year, not sure how true this is?

i want them so i dont have to pay for my eleccy usage, not soo much bothered about them earning me money but the person who came round did say i can earn upto £500 a year, not sure how true this is?

I read online that may 8 panels may earn me £200 and £100 or more off my bills

I am a singleton, so may bills are low anyway, £35 per month at the moment.

---------- Post added 13-07-2017 at 13:10 ----------

I have used just over a 2kwh in the last month.

277kwh units in May-June

Repair on either solar inverter or generation meter advice please. Solar panels, inverter and generation meter installed March 2011. Generated electricity not registering so don't know if it is inverter or meter failure. Electricity supplier states not their problem. Installer no longer trading , a fact which seems to be quite commonplace.

Advice welcome

I'd look at the Property Insurance policy (inc. whether it already also includes Legal Expenses Insurance as an optional extra).

Repair on either solar inverter or generation meter advice please. Solar panels, inverter and generation meter installed March 2011. Generated electricity not registering so don't know if it is inverter or meter failure. Electricity supplier states not their problem. Installer no longer trading , a fact which seems to be quite commonplace.

Advice welcome

Try here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100