Walk from Grenoside to Hope Vally.

Hello.

I’m rather new to walking. I want to walk to hope valley. Obviously I don’t want to walk the main roadway. I want to walk all through the countryside, village to village, along the countryside pathways.

With me being new to this type of walking are there any maps that would allow be to plan this route? Has said I want to walk all the way to Hope Valley through the countryside. I live at Grenoside, so would be setting off there.

Is this possible? I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

I would recommend that you go to W. H. Smith's and buy a copy of The Ordnance Survey map OS Explorer Map OL1 The Dark Peak; 1:25,000 scale. This mapping is very detailed and ideal for walking. It shows you all the footpaths and the terrain you'll be walking through, across fields, through woodland, along a riverbank across moorland etc.

I would recommend that you go to W. H. Smith's and buy a copy of The Ordnance Survey map OS Explorer Map OL1 The Dark Peak; 1:25,000 scale. This mapping is very detailed and ideal for walking. It shows you all the footpaths and the terrain you'll be walking through, across fields, through woodland, along a riverbank across moorland etc.

Peakwalking, thank you for that information.

Peakwalking, thank you for that information.

What he recommended. Easy plot your own route that way and make the walk unique to you. There are many ways of getting over to Hope Valley from your starting point, probably too many to mention in one single post.

I guess you could always aim to go out towards Bradfield, via Worrall and then over towards Ladybower and possibly over Bamford Edge down to Hope Valley. One of many routes.

Hi Information, try doing the White Bear Wander, I did type all the route out but it went tits up and i lost it all before posting.

Hey thanks for replies and advice. I did a trial run on mountain bike. I soon found out that whilst I could complete the walk in many hours, the people coming with me would need resuscitation on reaching Hope Valley.

Now driving there, much to their relief.

Thanks.