Whats happening on fraser road??

Anyone know whats happened on Fraser?The police are there, the end of our road is blocked off with police tape and all the traffic is being diverted and just seen council van chucking grit or sand in the road:confused:

Im not sure but i saw exactly the same - Maybe an accident it was closed from bottom to about 60 ish... I had to drive all the way round abbey lane .... Whatever it was it looked pretty serious.....

What happend was the road was coated in slippy oil. Another car slammed into the back of mine and I flagged the police down because it was so slippy you could hardly stand. The police were managing the situation and trying to get streetforce out to clean the road up.

The dangerous oil or whatever it was started up from the pub right down to archer road. Although I was in a minor Road traffic accident nobody was hurt, but it was extremely dangerous.

What happend was the road was coated in slippy oil. Another car slammed into the back of mine and I flagged the police down because it was so slippy you could hardly stand. The police were managing the situation and trying to get streetforce out to clean the road up.

The dangerous oil or whatever it was started up from the pub right down to archer road. Although I was in a minor Road traffic accident nobody was hurt, but it was extremely dangerous.

Thanks Muddycoffee for letting us know.I wondered if it might be something on the road when I saw streetforce putting sand down.Glad you're OK and no one was hurt:)

Thanks ND.

I'd like to pay tribute to the police for taking control of the situation extremely quickly, it was lucky that they were nearby.

I saw the sand yesterday, since they have made Mitchell one way have to drive up and round to drop everybody off. I thought surely they are not expecting a frost was really confused.

How strange - The sand is a proper mess but better then whatever the slippery oil was I suppose :D

I noticed it when i went past at 9pm yesterday at first I thoughht the kids had emptied the grit bin but you could see the shiny surface.

A streetforce wagon was just comming onto the estate I notied its been swept up now.

Sand (or a aproved substance) is always used for oil as it gives you a grip, the sand can then be swept up and disposed of , if the oil gets in the drains it causes more problems.

Bet no one ever admits that it was them that cuased the oil to get on the road in the first place.

Well dont every body, I actually find generaly that in an emergacney like this street force are usualy very good, glad the police were there and could deal with it quickly

Thanks ND.

I'd like to pay tribute to the police for taking control of the situation extremely quickly, it was lucky that they were nearby.

Pay tribute. !!! Calm down bud.