Lodge farm fishery ( nr scrooby )

Been invited on a match at lodge farm but never fished it before, the lake we are fishing wont be disclosed till the draw bag ,so anybody got a clue as to what general tactics and bait to use, or any one been lately. Cheers

fished a match here saturday we fished the field 1to10 got best wieght No 6 won it the winning tatic was ground bait feeder bacon grill on spiral. hope that helps

the last time i fished it you had to buy the fisherys own feed pellets. i've not fished it since because of that rule.

fished a match here saturday we fished the field 1to10 got best wieght No 6 won it the winning tatic was ground bait feeder bacon grill on spiral. hope that helps

thanks for the reply pk, but no it does,nt help lol,what on earth is " on spiral " i know im a bit rusty but this is a new one on me. Or perhaps i am just light years behing the modern match lads.

the spiral is a little wire coil that attaches to your hook. you mould paste around it generally but soft meat can be pushed on it.

beat me to it just stops it flying off the hook on the cast simpie idea but effective

the spiral is a little wire coil that attaches to your hook. you mould paste around it generally but soft meat can be pushed on it.

thanks charliewag '@ pk, used to be a very keen match angler some years ago , and not bad at it either, obviously well out of my depth now but i am looking forward to my first match in maybe 11/ 12 years and going to rely on the tried and trusted chopped worm and castor !!!!. aint going to win methinks but wont blank either. Will let you know how i fared.

thanks charliewag '@ pk, used to be a very keen match angler some years ago , and not bad at it either, obviously well out of my depth now but i am looking forward to my first match in maybe 11/ 12 years and going to rely on the tried and trusted chopped worm and castor !!!!. aint going to win methinks but wont blank either. Will let you know how i fared.

Take some meat, corn and pellets as well, you may be surprised how well you do with the chopped worm and caster.

I have fished it loads of times and always start that way, take a tin of frenzied hemp as well.

Take some meat, corn and pellets as well, you may be surprised how well you do with the chopped worm and caster.

I have fished it loads of times and always start that way, take a tin of frenzied hemp as well.

There isnt a fish that swims wont take the worm, used to win some serious coin on the chop at the open matches at hallcoft 15 odd years ago. Used to shallow fry luncheon meat tiny cubes and fish these over the top, and then gradually bring em up int watter. Deadly then and hopefully still is. ( think the fishing bug is making a serious comeback ) really looking forward to this.by the way is the frenzied hemp for me or the fish lol