How did your other half propose?

What lovely accounts :) I love romantic stories though I'm not romantic myself I do think it should be the bloke who asks, I'm old fashioned like that.

I hope one day to have my own engagement story, but here I am, 11 years together and I'm still waiting! :hihi: Well he did ask once but he was drunk and had no memory of it the next day. He also stupidly said that he would propose when Manchester city won a major title... now that was a pretty safe bet 7 years ago. :hihi:

I've given up and have decided I will die as a single women :hihi:

Edited by Evei

A few of these made me well up - how sweet!

Have any of you seen the lip dub proposal on youtube to Bruno Mars 'Marry You'? Made all the ladies in the office cry!

I've told my OH if he ever wants to propose to me, he has to beat that! No chance! :hihi: hehe!

Betty Sparkles

My other half asked me just before the dongs on new year's eve 2011 on holiday in Tenerife. When I said yes, loads of fireworks went off and the dongs began. What a memory. He's the most unromantic person in the world and always made out he never wanted to get married, but he really pulled the stops out, and with his late grandma's ring too!

My oh said he never wanted to get married so i was shocked when he asked me he just sat me down on his knee n said lets get married!! Lol

Some envious stories in this thread, some that I'm sure will inspire grooms to be.

Has anyone used this thread for ideas on how to propose?

I know I've certainly taken a few as food for thought - not actually taken the plunge yet though.

My lovely OH proposed last September in Scotland. We love the Western Highlands and hope to live there one day, and there is one place in particular we fell in love with-a beach called Traigh near Arisaig. I'd literally weep when we had to leave and talk about it all the time at home. Two days into the week long holiday we drove there and had a wander, playing with the dog on the dunes and stuff. It was a really sunny day (in Scotland!!! :o ) so we sat on the rocks together chatting. Suddenly he reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring box and asked me to marry him. My face was like this ----> :o

I really hoped when the time came he'd ask me there, so the boy did good. He chose the ring all on his own and it is beautiful. I was very proud :hihi:

Got back to the cottage to find a Scottish-inspired feast to celebrate with-smoked salmon pasta, champagne, strawberries, shortbread, chocolate and a cheeseboard, and of course, lots of Irn Bru to wash it all down ;) and now we are frantically getting everything together for the wedding in...27 DAYS!!!!!

Love reading all the other stories on this thread :)