How far did I walk?

Started off on wadsley park village at the bottom on middlewood road. Walked up the hill through the village until we came to the top main road, worral road. Turned right and walked all the way along to a pub called the ball. Turned up onto towngate road. When we got to long lane we turned left, carried on walking until we got to the entrace of wadsley common (next to golf course) then walked all the way through wadsley common until we got to the exit on rural lane. We turned left at worral road, then turned right onto queenswood road and all the way down to the exit of wadlsey park

Village where it joins middlewood road.

How far have we walked? Many thanks

If you have an iPhone like your name suggests then download Runkeeper. It tracks your walk using GPS and tells you how many calories you have burnt as well.

Or you could draw it out on google maps and it tells you how many miles.

If you have an iPhone like your name suggests then download Runkeeper. It tracks your walk using GPS and tells you how many calories you have burnt as well.

Or you could draw it out on google maps and it tells you how many miles.

Thank you, ive downloaded that app and will use it next time im

Out. I cant map it out on google as i dont have my laptop. Thanks though, hoping im being cheeky and someone can do it for me :)

http://www.mapmywalk.com/

You can go to the 'routes' bit and map your own walk and it'll tell you how far it is.

Hey, im trying to do it but dont know how, ive put my street in and its brought a map up but then how do i show it where ive gone? If i touch the map anywhere it just moves the map to centre on where my finger touched. Im on my iphone. Not got a computer. Thanks

Plotting it on google earth makes it look about 4.3 mile (hard to see the route from Long lane down through the common though).

Hey, im trying to do it but dont know how, ive put my street in and its brought a map up but then how do i show it where ive gone? If i touch the map anywhere it just moves the map to centre on where my finger touched. Im on my iphone. Not got a computer. Thanks

You set it going do the walk and it maps where you've been and keeps a track of the distance (you have to have the GPS capabilities turned on).

if you go onto google earth, theres a facility on there to measure how far you`ve walked. We use it all the time. Just click on the small ruler at the top of the page, click on "path" and you can measure in miles or kilometres

Absolutely, the more we will use the latest technology the more the accurate results we got, like from the Google Earth..!

The Google Earth is good tool to check how much we walked...!

Ahan its great...Well the animation at the start is nicely created..."let me find it for you"...I like..!

Edited by MariahLinda9
Mariah

from Rural Lane to Lea Bank Farm its 1.1 mile (i know that) - top of common isn't as far on as Lea Bank so I would think that with your walk through the middlewood estate and detour to worrall then roughly about 4 miles as a guess