Anyone worked at Firth Browns?

I worked at FBT from 1966 till 1971, first as an apprentice, then as a Inspector in E!

I worked at FBT from 1967 until it closed in 1984. I started in the research labs on Windsor st when Jack Vickers was the manager. He was followed by Bill Caisley and then Dennis Davies. I then ran the pyrometry section with Dave Baxter until I moved to Maltby to run the E B welders (metal saw dept) with Roy Stillings , eventually coming back to Sheffield doing the same job until the firm closed in 1984.

On 10/05/2020 at 17:43, Edro said:

I worked at FBT from 1967 until it closed in 1984. I started in the research labs on Windsor st when Jack Vickers was the manager. He was followed by Bill Caisley and then Dennis Davies. I then ran the pyrometry section with Dave Baxter until I moved to Maltby to run the E B welders (metal saw dept) with Roy Stillings , eventually coming back to Sheffield doing the same job until the firm closed in 1984.

The guy I remember in pyro with Dave (Bert) was someone who lived at Old Tupton - Ted(?).

Any chance that was you?

Other names to remember were Brian Hawley Dave Grayhurst in metallurgy, Tony, Arthur & Joan in the chemy lab.

Edited by FORE

Yes that was me ( Edward Rowe ) I remember all the people you mention. I started at the same time as Ian Hagain, we were in the metallurgy prep lab together. Other names I remember were Ray ?  , Roger Dyball, Eric Darlow, Pete Johnson of course . There are quite a few other faces but I can't put names to them at the moment ( memory not so good these days.....it was a long time ago ).  Did you work there at that time ?

Edited by Edro

4 hours ago, Edro said:

Yes that was me ( Edward Rowe ) I remember all the people you mention. I started at the same time as Ian Hagain, we were in the metallurgy prep lab together. Other names I remember were Ray ?  , Roger Dyball, Eric Darlow, Pete Johnson of course . There are quite a few other faces but I can't put names to them at the moment ( memory not so good these days.....it was a long time ago ).  Did you work there at that time ?

Hi Edward!

still got your CV6 ?:hihi:

you've not mentioned me so I'll leave you guessing for a bit.

I was there 74-81.

Have you heard of anyone we mention? I see Tony Wright now and then going to the matches. Oops - that's a good clue!

be in touch soon, regards.

Would the matches in question be at Hillsborough by any chance, and did you live fairly close to the ground

Getting warm Ted!🤣

Triumph engine in a bsa frame, or was it the other way  round ?

That's me!

Are you still in deepest derbyshire?

Yes I still live in Derbyshire, but at Clowne these days. Old Tupton was a long time ago ( and one divorce ) .How did you remember that , no one has ever heard of the place.  However names still elude me  Steve? 

Edro - i've sent you a PM.

Look at the top of the page and click on the envelope.

I believe you can send them to anyone now that you have  5 posts.

On 17/03/2012 at 20:47, ukdobby said:

Are you Tony?

Hi worked there on saw sharpening section,  top and side grinder, riveter with my mother. My step father was a smither they both  worked there for over 40 years I was sent to Washington near Newcastle to open a new branch trill live here