Anyone worked at Firth Browns?

Wilf's dad was the manager in the machine shop. I played basketball for many years with Wilf at Granville Coll. Garry Peacock played also.

My brother is Les Crapper he was a fitter at Firth Browns he used to knock about with Ray Bond. Les now lives in Goole and. i think Ray lives in Grenoside

I used to work with a fella called Maurice Tobin, he was blind in one eye after he suffered a bad accident in Firth-Browns' scrap yard. He would have been there in the latter years.

I worked with Les for a good few years in the forge and when we both went on to Time and Motion and then we both got made foremen on 21 shifts. How is Les doing? would you pass my email on to him please. swowls@gmail.com

Stewart

i worked in the main shop gate 4 on point grinding section in the mid seventies,herbert elliott was my superintendent

I worked on flute grind from 71 to 84.

I'm sure, but not 100% positive, that my Grandad and Dad used to work there although I'm not sure of the years, surname is Synyer

i worked in the main shop gate 4 on point grinding section in the mid seventies,herbert elliott was my superintendent

Are you Tony?

yes tony marshall,i worked next to john crump on "g" section.who are you ?

Are you Tony?

DOB,worked on Gurhings,out with yer mate Ash every Sunday,mind you he's in Thailand for next 5 weeks.Knew Crumpy and Ernest and Ted Tickikliki if thats how yer spellit.

dobbin !! dave obrien ,yes ted tylicki,ernie walker the shop steward,jack crump.ashy ,alan herft!! was you at ashys retirement party at darnall horti?my mate terry scott who i went with said he thought you was but when he told me you had left.

DOB,worked on Gurhings,out with yer mate Ash every Sunday,mind you he's in Thailand for next 5 weeks.Knew Crumpy and Ernest and Ted Tickikliki if thats how yer spellit.