Advice about the Work Programme - Jobcentre / A4E

I am hoping I will be better off in work, I started today after no help from A4E.
whatya doin? selling the big issue? ;)

whatya doin? selling the big issue? ;)
I'll give you a big issue if you don't watch your cheek Mr!! :hihi:.

I'll give you a big issue if you don't watch your cheek Mr!! :hihi:.
iv sacked my wench so if ever you wanna earn some extra dollar, then you can do some wench duties for me:)

iv sacked my wench so if ever you wanna earn some extra dollar, then you can do some wench duties for me:)
How much a second? :D.

How much a second? :D.
ae you that lazy? ;)

I have been a web developer for about 12 years now and since the beginning if the recession I have been working on my own projects to fill in some spaces. These have now got to the point where they need to be "manned" as I can no longer push the businesses as I am still developing the websites.

I went to A4E last week to see about a marketing position but afterwards I thought about all the sites I have created and how they can be used as live tools. I am arranging a meeting to see if this is possible so all the positions are filled by mentored trainees.

The sites I have created are sports trophies, commercial property and the latest is fashion and modelling. Sounds like a disaster in the making I know so I will see where we can go with it.

Not sure if this helps anyone.

... the Inspire Me project is launching in Sheffield.

And we are on the look out for inspirational people who would like to volunteer and support young people on the project.

This is a good way of building your confidence, helping you get your CV active and impressing future employers. Not to mention support young people who need inspiration.

If you think this might suit you google Mencap, and follow the links to volunteering, Sheffield, young people.

Cheers Sam

It takes a few hours to start a business. At which point he's no longer unemployed and has no reason (or right) to be on a work programme does he.

Claiming benefit isn't something you can carry on doing whilst building up your new business, it stops when the business starts.

It takes more than a few hours to start a business, as my two colleagues and I well know. We've been starting our business now for almost two years and we're still working on it.

You're saying; "The benefit stops when the business starts". I hate to have to contradict you, but you are wrong! You can still claim Income Support even if you run a business. So long as you run the business as a Voluntary Director.