Advice about the Work Programme - Jobcentre / A4E

ahh so they do help then! so say if i needed night work they would do there best to get me a a steady job doing it? is that A4E? do you work for them?

I dont work for A4E no, they will try and find you a position that is suitable for you, if you r no better off they wont look at it. Everything is set up to ensure the customer is happy and having the best available advice.

It wasn't to sign for my money. It was an update interview or something to tell them what I have been doing to find work.

I did go in to the job centre 3 days later and they said they had no information about Serco to give me. So I don't know what to expect.

Trust me I wasn't in the ''brew'' all night, so don't jump to conclusions.

sorry about the brew comment! but they dont really care they will get there wage anyway so its best to keep the pen pushers happy i say :hihi:

I dont work for A4E no, they will try and find you a position that is suitable for you, if you r no better off they wont look at it. Everything is set up to ensure the customer is happy and having the best available advice.

so they really do the job that the job center staff could so much quicker?

Edited by comptech
wrong word

sorry about the brew comment! but they dont really care they will get there wage anyway so its best to keep the pen pushers happy i say :hihi:

Yes I know it is and I felt really bad that I didn't attend the interview as I honestly don't want to be claiming Job Seekers Allowance. I felt like I was one of the scroungers who have been claiming for years the way he spoke to me. They are only doing their job but they need to show some respect for people. If I was fit enough to go I would but I don't think me being sick in the Job Centre would be any good for anyone.

If this is the case, how come one of their questions is 'would you be willing to work for less money than you receive on benefits'?

I think you work for A4e but don't want the aggro ;)

Just to say thanks to ChrisG 1983 and 0742 sheff for your messages Ive replied but dont know if it worked because Im rubbish with computers, I usually get my son to help me ( wont get a job in IT will I)

Sorry to jump on board, the Work Programme is looking at anyone aged over 18 and claiming JSA for 6 mths (depending on circumstances) or more. Its more of a support service to help the unemployed into work through guidance not force.

Cheers

If it's for 6 months + then why have I been referred already? I have been out of work 3 months.

Not had any PM here mate. Time to call your son ;)

Yes I know it is and I felt really bad that I didn't attend the interview as I honestly don't want to be claiming Job Seekers Allowance. I felt like I was one of the scroungers who have been claiming for years the way he spoke to me. They are only doing their job but they need to show some respect for people. If I was fit enough to go I would but I don't think me being sick in the Job Centre would be any good for anyone.

yeah i see what your sayin... but its a shame they tar us all with the same brush... was it you personl advises who did this to you? or just a radom worker?..... but i feel what your saying as i have to put up with it to...if it was your adviser that not on at all!!!!

by the way guys sorry for my spelling.... befour the spellin police arrive lol

yeah i see what your sayin... but its a shame they tar us all with the same brush... was it you personl advises who did this to you? or just a radom worker?..... but i feel what your saying as i have to put up with it to...if it was your adviser that not on at all!!!!

Personal Advisor? I don't even have one. Well nobody has told me that I have.

This was the second time they have asked me to go and see them at Eastern Avenue. The last time I turned up for my appointment to be told it wasn't until 3pm and the letter in my hand said 10.30am. After I said I wasn't coming back at the later time because it was their mistake he saw me and basically told me that A4E would be in contact with me which they never have been. Why he couldn't just tell me that over the phone I don't know?

He may well be my personal advisor but I haven't been made aware of it.

Does anyone have any more information about Serco?

I was supposed to attend an interview with the Job Centre at Eastern Avenue on Monday morning and was un-able to make it as I was quite ill, being sick every hour or so and various other things. So I didn't want to risk going as it would have been pretty embarrassing for me to turn up and be sick not mentioning unpleasant for the staff that work there.

Anyway I rang up and the person who I was supposed to be seeing wasn't there and he rang me back 30 minutes later. He started having a right go down the phone at me and I found it completely unacceptable as he spoke to me like a child! He said he wasn't going to deal with it and pass me on to their outside provider which is Serco but never even told me what they do and he put the phone down before I could ask. He told me I best get to the doctors or sign off sick if I am that bad. Well I don't want to sign off sick......and I am going to the doctors!

I have been out of work since May when I lost my job.

Serco are a curious company - rather like Capita in some ways, where their business interests are extremely diverse... For instance, they do bin collections in many parts of the country, and now they are into the work programme... I had a friend who worked for them in Manchester, where they have a contract to deal with exceptionally disturbed young women... Most curious thing about Serco seems to be how noone is employed by them - all the 'staff' are self employed professionals, and many work for other similar businesses at the same time... Not come across anything like that before in this sector, but in theory it makes their staff better qualified and more in demand from other businesses... Not sure if that is 100% true, but you certainly have to be on your toes more as a contractor than as a permanent staff member... They recently replaced Remploy as the other main contractor for the Work Programme (as is A4e) and you will be expected to meet with one of their advisors, and they will help you get back into work... This may not be the first choice of job you have in your mind when you are applying, as work is work in the world of the work programme, so you may have been a banker til May, but you could always be a shop assistant now...

Edited by Lady Star