Advice about the Work Programme - Jobcentre / A4E

Hi is anyone on the work programme scheme with jobcentre/ A4e, been to see my advisors at A4e today and was told Im moving on to the work programme as they no longer have the contract. She was quite vague when I asked how it works (wasnt sure she really knew herself). was told its pretty much the same as A4e but abit more intensive but by the look on her face Im doubting this. Any advice would be appreciated.

i would be worried very worried about what they will do to you mate

If your 25+ and been on JSA for over 12 months you will move onto the work programme.

I think it is between two contract holders A4E and SERCO - basically you will be doing 70% work activity (don't know what) and the other 30% is spent on job searchers etc. Not 100% certain how it works but something along those lines.

If you are already with A4E you will have 3 months with Job centre before moving onto the work programme.

Sorry to jump on board, the Work Programme is looking at anyone aged over 18 and claiming JSA for 6 mths (depending on circumstances) or more. Its more of a support service to help the unemployed into work through guidance not force.

Cheers

If your 25+ and been on JSA for over 12 months you will move onto the work programme.

I think it is between two contract holders A4E and SERCO - basically you will be doing 70% work activity (don't know what) and the other 30% is spent on job searchers etc. Not 100% certain how it works but something along those lines.

If you are already with A4E you will have 3 months with Job centre before moving onto the work programme.

Ok thanks so I will go back to just signing at jobcentre, she did say theres about a 8 to 10 week backlog. There doesnt seem to be alot of information on this scheme dont know if thats good or bad.

Sorry to jump on board, the Work Programme is looking at anyone aged over 18 and claiming JSA for 6 mths (depending on circumstances) or more. Its more of a support service to help the unemployed into work through guidance not force.

Cheers

like what? could you explaine more?

Cheers

Not force? They haven't given a friend of mine any choice. He goes on two totally useless courses or his money stops. That sounds like forcing to me.

Does anyone have any more information about Serco?

I was supposed to attend an interview with the Job Centre at Eastern Avenue on Monday morning and was un-able to make it as I was quite ill, being sick every hour or so and various other things. So I didn't want to risk going as it would have been pretty embarrassing for me to turn up and be sick not mentioning unpleasant for the staff that work there.

Anyway I rang up and the person who I was supposed to be seeing wasn't there and he rang me back 30 minutes later. He started having a right go down the phone at me and I found it completely unacceptable as he spoke to me like a child! He said he wasn't going to deal with it and pass me on to their outside provider which is Serco but never even told me what they do and he put the phone down before I could ask. He told me I best get to the doctors or sign off sick if I am that bad. Well I don't want to sign off sick......and I am going to the doctors!

I have been out of work since May when I lost my job.

like what? could you explaine more?

Its basically down to the customer, whatever they feel is the reason for them not finding work the provider and customer will look into it ie CV (thats just an example before anyone says anything lol), lack of skills / opportunity etc. They will also try and use their contacts to find a suitable position for THE CUSTOMER not the company. The new programme is designed to get a person a job and stick in it, not like FND (Flexible New Deal) which was purely to get a job and thats where the support stops.

Does anyone have any more information about Serco?

I was supposed to attend an interview with the Job Centre at Eastern Avenue on Monday morning and was un-able to make it as I was quite ill, being sick every hour or so and various other things. So I didn't want to risk going as it would have been pretty embarrassing for me to turn up and be sick not mentioning unpleasant for the staff that work there.

Anyway I rang up and the person who I was supposed to be seeing wasn't there and he rang me back 30 minutes later. He started having a right go down the phone at me and I found it completely unacceptable as he spoke to me like a child! He said he wasn't going to deal with it and pass me on to their outside provider which is Serco but never even told me what they do and he put the phone down before I could ask. He told me I best get to the doctors or sign off sick if I am that bad. Well I don't want to sign off sick......and I am going to the doctors!

I have been out of work since May when I lost my job.

yeah but to be fair you have to go to get your money or they wont pay you then you wlll be pritty screwed... so no matter how unwell you feel you haveto go... im in the same boat as you no job.. but i always go when i have to no matter how bad i feel.... maybe you was on the brew all night?

yeah but to be fair you have to go to get your money or they wont pay you then you wlll be pritty screwed... so no matter how unwell you feel you haveto go... im in the same boat as you no job.. but i always go when i have to no matter how bad i feel.... maybe you was on the brew all night?

It wasn't to sign for my money. It was an update interview or something to tell them what I have been doing to find work.

I did go in to the job centre 3 days later and they said they had no information about Serco to give me. So I don't know what to expect.

Trust me I wasn't in the ''brew'' all night, so don't jump to conclusions.

Its basically down to the customer, whatever they feel is the reason for them not finding work the provider and customer will look into it ie CV (thats just an example before anyone says anything lol), lack of skills / opportunity etc. They will also try and use their contacts to find a suitable position for THE CUSTOMER not the company. The new programme is designed to get a person a job and stick in it, not like FND (Flexible New Deal) which was purely to get a job and thats where the support stops.

ahh so they do help then! so say if i needed night work they would do there best to get me a a steady job doing it? is that A4E? do you work for them?