Sheffield Fayre, 28th and 29th August 2011, Norfolk Heritage Park

Sheffield Fayre, 10.30am - 5.30pm, Bank Holiday Weekend, Sunday 28th and Monday 29th August 2011.

With an attendance of over 25,000 people, the annual Sheffield Fayre at Norfolk Heritage Park is among the largest free events in South Yorkshire. The various attractions include favourites like the Sheffield Horticultural Show and the largest multi-period Living History Camp and Battle Re-enactment in the North of England.

Over 600 re-enactors in authentic costume enthusiastically recreate life through various eras from Roman times to the Second World War, encompassing live battles, fascinating displays, music and activities, educating and entertaining the whole family.

The Horticultural Show brings out Sheffield's green-fingered experts but also includes culinary, craft, art and photography classes, an all-embracing competition for amateurs and serious enthusiasts, with classes for both adults and children. Deadline for entries is 25th August 2011.

Other fantastic attractions include traditional 1950’s Sideshow Illusions - astonishing, bizarre, intriguing and humorous these fun shows have to be seen to be believed!

New for this year will be Woodland Fun where visitors will be able to watch and participate in traditional woodland crafts.

For more details or for a Horticultural Schedule email: centreinthepark@sheffield.gov.uk, call 0114 286 0400 or visit http://www.realradioyorkshire.co.uk/events/sheffield-fayre/mm96gler/

There is no parking on site, but as there is no permit parking in this area, free parking on the road is not a problem. Please be considerate to our neighbours. The Guildford Avenue car park (S2 2PL) will be used for disabled parking.

Will the Phoenix display team be here this year? We missed not seeing them last year :(

As last year we don't have space for an arena area this year, so no they won't be attending. I think they were at the family funday in July instead.

sorry.

That is a real shame. I think it has been the best part of the fayer, after the reenactments.

Only 4 days to go now and the weather report is saying it's going to be fine :)

think i might take myself on the tram for a little look.

Its always excellent!! Love it!

We'll be there selling our Fairtrade groceries - can't wait to have a look around and see what's happening - it sounds great.

Will there be a fly over this year and if so what and when?

Does anybody know the start time of the re-enactments at Norfolk park fair?

Me and my family attended today and the reenactments were brilliant, might even pop back over tomorrow. really outstanding

Can anyone say where would be best to park tomorrow morning so we don't have to walk too far please?