Sheffield - city of micturating goons!

So twice in the last few days, quite openly and in different parts of the city, I've seen people peeing in the street. Yesterday, I saw some Jezzer Kyle candidate wazzing outside the Timber Top (Shirecliffe), which may be at least a little understandable being outside a pub and all, but a few days ago I saw a middle aged bloke on Hemper Lane (Greenhill) relieving himself into someone's garden - this at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon!

When did it become socially acceptable to do your business in public?

'Micturate' on SF?

Most folk on here can't spell tiddle....,

You would think if he was outside the pub, he would have gone in the pub to pee :huh: dirty so and so,s :gag:

I agree, totally unacceptable.

But when did the Council last build some new Public Conveniences?

I could never understand why, when all those planning apps for drinking sheds in the City centre were approved, why the developers were not forced to provide some Conveniences. As result, the place stinks in the morning.

They seem to close more than they open. Could you imagine a new football stadium that had fewer urinals than the one being demolished? No.

Why did they close the old ones (*) - admittedly they were past their date, yet not build modern replacements?

In the City centre I confess to having to go into John Lewis, or wherever, because there is no handy alternative.

(*) On an unhappy note, I hope it was not because they were being used as places of entertainment....

Usually if we go to the cinema we use Meadowhall or Centertainment but a few months ago for some reason we went to the Odeon in town and we had to wait outside for them to open the doors, the smell of stale urine there actually made me heave it was disgusting.

There used to be a bye law preventing urinating in the street, which resulted in a fine. Is this still in effect or not?

I agree, totally unacceptable.

But when did the Council last build some new Public Conveniences?

I could never understand why, when all those planning apps for drinking sheds in the City centre were approved, why the developers were not forced to provide some Conveniences. As result, the place stinks in the morning.

They seem to close more than they open. Could you imagine a new football stadium that had fewer urinals than the one being demolished? No.

Why did they close the old ones (*) - admittedly they were past their date, yet not build modern replacements?

In the City centre I confess to having to go into John Lewis, or wherever, because there is no handy alternative.

(*) On an unhappy note, I hope it was not because they were being used as places of entertainment....

Why does the council need to build more public toilets.

What's wrong with people either going before they leave the pub or waiting till they get home. I go out nearly ever weekend and never had a need to p*ss in the street because I couldn't wait.

You really think the lack of convenient public toilets is really the problem here??

PS: When you are out and about in town what's wrong with going into John Lewis to use the toilets. The same goes for Debenhams, Atkinsons, Orchard Square, M&S, Central Library, Millenium Galleries, Interchanges and the Station. They are all PUBLIC toilets there to be used. You make it sound like you are sneaking in and get embarrassed by it?

Hah, if some scroat did that in my garden I'd chop off his bit with my garden shears.

You would think if he was outside the pub, he would have gone in the pub to pee :huh: dirty so and so,s :gag:

Not if he has just been thrown out.

Usually if we go to the cinema we use Meadowhall or Centertainment but a few months ago for some reason we went to the Odeon in town and we had to wait outside for them to open the doors, the smell of stale urine there actually made me heave it was disgusting.

There used to be a bye law preventing urinating in the street, which resulted in a fine. Is this still in effect or not?

Yes its called a public urination law,same as vomiting.£80 fine.disorderly conduct or even indecent exposure.

Edited by Total Chaos

Hah, if some scroat did that in my garden I'd chop off his bit with my garden shears.

I did a sneakier and less pleasant alternative when I caught a bloke standing in our entry and weeing up my house wall.

One of my cats is a hand reared feral, who shreds first and asks questions later. The last person who tried to pick her up like I do needed hospital treatment for their injuries.

When I caught this bloke I picked this cat up, shouted at him and handed him the cat, who put out all her crampons and shredded him from chest height all the way down to the ground down his front as she made her escape, taking in his hands and genitalia on the way past.

Then I smiled sweetly and told him he should get off my property, let the cat back inside and shut the door.

I appreciate that there are potentially going to be people who need a wee while they're out, but deliberately walking up a cul de sac and into a private garden to do it is not the answer.