Construction In Residential Areas.

Goodmorning guys ! Does anyone know what the legal hours are to carry construction work in residential areas?

Surely it cant be right that on a Weekday they start work at 7am and on a weekend to start work at 6am ...

Does anyone know what the ruling on these working hours are and whom to complain to about the noise ?:rant:

Goodmorning guys ! Does anyone know what the legal hours are to carry construction work in residential areas?

Surely it cant be right that on a Weekday they start work at 7am and on a weekend to start work at 6am ...

Does anyone know what the ruling on these working hours are and whom to complain to about the noise ?:rant:

Oh dear someone disturbed your Sunday lyin? 6am anyday sounds reasonable to me, even on a weekend i'm generally up at that time anyway.

Some construction work has to be done on weekends .

These days every one has to be prepared to work when needed and if that means an early start be you a Dr, Shopworker, Bus driver or Construction worker then thats a fact of life!

Construction noise is part of any development and so during the day cannot be controlled.

If a complaint about noise from a construction site is received a neighbourhood enforcement team officer will write to the construction company. Advice will be given to them to restrict their noisy operation to the following times:

between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday

between 8am and 1pm, on a Saturday

no noisy works should be carried out on a Sunday or Bank Holiday

If the company continues with noisy works outside of these times and are disturbing the surrounding residents they will be served with a notice under the provisions of section 61 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974. This formally restricts the times in which they can carry out noisy works. (from here)

Environmental health at the council

If the builder has prior consent to carry out works on such times/days then i would assume it would be ok.... If the company in question had anything about themselves they should have posted a note thru doors surrounding the works and at least forewarned the residents

every extra day worked on a weekend brings the finish date forward.

say a build was a year long and they only worked weekdays. would you rather they worked for a yr. or rather they worked an extra 100 days over weekends and finished months early.

every extra day worked on a weekend brings the finish date forward.

say a build was a year long and they only worked weekdays. would you rather they worked for a yr. or rather they worked an extra 100 days over weekends and finished months early.

The query was about how early they should be starting construction work in residential areas, not about the rights and wrongs of weekend working.

days or hours, my point was the same. the earlier they start, they later they work the more hours on the job the quicker it gets finished.

days or hours, my point was the same. the earlier they start, they later they work the more hours on the job the quicker it gets finished.
I take your point, but you have to draw the line somewhere when working in residential areas.