School Uniforms - what did you wear?

we had underwear inspections

They would not dare do that these days.

Eddie grant half-mast black trousers and Eddie grant white shirt topped off with Eddie grant black shoes. Eddie grant parka for winter.

Off topic. My oh once was telling me about some school trousers and said "there were Eddie Grant ones", I replied "how do you know what trousers Eddie Grant wears?"

One of my best blonde moments...

On topic A vile maroon coloured jumper, yes maroon!! white polo t-shirt and black trousers.

Khaki baggy shorts,jumper complete with holes in elbows,snake belt,wellingtons summer and winter,navy blue balaclava and I was one of the best dressed ones at Hillfoot County School.We were that poor we thought that knives and forks were jewellery!

Hinde House Comp.

Grey skirt, white shirt, grey jumper or cardigan, maroon blazer, maroon striped tie which had to be worn and tied correctly. Black shoes no higher that 1in heel, Mrs Mason used to measure them if they looked higher and white knee high socks.

Summer uniform gingham dress with above cardigan if needed.

We also had to have a leather satchel (no backpacks or handbags then)

All purchased from Castle House co-op

White shirt, maroon blazer, maroon, gold and green striped tie, green skirt oh and regulation green knickers, I kid you not. I was gonna say 'I soon dropped those' but that would be surely misconstrued on this forum :hihi:

did you go to Ecclesfield comp

that was our uniform....bottle green pleated skirt :gag: and matching knickers :help:

Winter - Green pleated skirt, green blouse, green cardigan, tie, green knickers, brown socks, brown or black outdoor shoes, brown indoor shoes, green duffle coat or gaberdine and green felt hat

Summer - Green dress in one of 3 styles, green blazer, brown outdoor shoes, brown indoor shoes, green knickers, brown socks???? and straw boater with you've guessed a green ribbbon!!

PE _ green aertex shirt, green skirt and brown socks and plimsolls

All uniform only available from Cole Bros

we had uniform monitors, even at the school bus stops. God help us if we weren`t wearing our berets

Likewise at Ecclesfield Grammar - if we were caught without beret it was lines or detention. Uniform was dark red blazer, green pocket with school badge, green pinafore or skirt, white blouse, green cardigan and tie in school colours of burgundy, green and yellow stripes. In summer we wore gingham dresses in house colours of green, red, blue and yellow. I was gutted when I got green as I wore that in winter and would have been happy with any colour but green:roll::roll::roll:

I went to Abbeydale Girls Grammar, navy pleated skirts with blue and white checked blouse, black shoes, white socks, and navy blue tie. Navy blue blazer or gaberdine and the ever present beret. Navy blue and pink striped scarf. What was your uniform?

Wellingtons [turned down summer].

My uncle Toms coat, [altered by our Margaret to make it fit].and short trousers ,[last Whitsuntides].

The coat was as long as the the trousers and all the kids thought it was cool as the Teddy Boys had just started strutting there stuff ,so Violet Brown fancied me.

Brilliant uniform!

Maltby Street Council School didn't have an official uniform. Just relied on our moms to get us sensible and servicable schoolwear.

Our class was selected to be given the privilege of sitting on the stage at morning assembly and apparently the girls were all advised in a girls only form meeting that they should be aware of how they sat and what they wore knicker wise because of the height of the stage

One of the jobs for a prefect when monitoring the first and second year dinner sessions was to identify any of the kids not in correct uniform who could then be sent to the backof the dinner queue

did you go to Ecclesfield comp

that was our uniform....bottle green pleated skirt :gag: and matching knickers :help:

Yep !:gag::gag: