School Uniforms - what did you wear?

Bradfield School in the early 70's - navy blue blazer with school logo on the pocket (think it was a ?griffin), navy gaberdine, navy shirt and vneck jumper or cardigan with pale blue shirt and striped tie.

I left Waltheof on the Manor Park in 1973 and we had to wear Navy Blazer, White or Sky Blue shirt, Black or Navy Trousers, Black socks and shoes and a Navy tie with Yellow diagonal stripes. God help you if you turned up in anything differant, the lads would be caned by Mr Marshall. We could only get our clothing from the B & C Coop at Castle House. They had the monopoly and I remember my parents struggling to find the money.

Notre Dame High School

Dark green dress long sleeves and a white collar changed weekly. bottle green knickers with pocket .Dark green blazer with felt hat and chewed knotted elastic under chin. Lyle stocking usually falling down as suspender belt was minus a few buttons,

Summer brought a straw hat and short sleeved dress

we were the only school who played games in dresses.with a small slit uo the sides.

hazel

Ex cubs jumper with snail tracks down each sleeve,cut down long trousers,socks wi hoyles in em and pulled down under my shoes so nobody could see them and shoes with cardboard in the bottom and push bike puncture patches underneath and to keep the weather off an old cubs cap,and an owd mack cast off for winter if it dint get pinched.Cutlery you cant eat a bottle of milk with that.

I didn't go to school in Sheffield. Middle school was grey skirt, white shirt and royal blue jumper. High school was grey skirt, white shirt and maroon jumper for the girls, maroon and grey striped tie for the boys.

Sixth form uniform was black with pastel shirt if you wanted to break from black, but black was preferred. You could wear shorts if you felt like it- as long as they were black. As a budding Goth, black suited me just fine and I got a lovely collection of pencil hobble skirts with corset lacing and fishtails and the like to make the most of the uniform potential.

Firth Park Grammar School, 1944, red blazer, red cap, hence the school was called the red caps.

I have a sodding great bone to pick with Owler Ln./Hinde House! First year at Ow.Ln. us lads wore grey blazers and looked with envious eyes at 4th.and 5th.years who wore black blazers!

We go comprehensive in Sept.'63 to H.H. only to find the whole damn school wearing black or dark blue blazers! Thanks!!!

And another thing! Prefects always came from the 5th.year, until I got there and suddenly it's the upper, sodding 6th.!!!

If I sound bitter and twisted, well, it's just because I AM!!!!!!!

King Edward VII lower school - navy blue skirt(KNEE LENGTH), navy blue cardigan, pink and white small checked blouse with peter pan collar, white knee length socks, black or brown shoes (flat lace up!!) navy blue blazer,blue and white striped tie optional for girls

Navy blue raincoat, brown leather satchel.

UPPER SCHOOL - navy blue skirt or navy blue trousers (after girls kicked off about it being unfair we couldn't wear trousers in winter!) plain pink or white "simon shirt", navy blue cardigan.White knee length socks or flesh coloured tights!! black or brown shoes (but no platforms) dark overcoat no tie and rules relaxed on bags - so no hideous satchel.

PE KIT white airtex shirts and navyblue shorts, black plimsols. HAPPY DAYS....

In one of my old primary school annual photos, about half of us weren't wearing uniforms at all.

I never liked those little round hats with the small peaks. They looked pretty dumb even that far back

King Edward VII lower school - navy blue skirt(KNEE LENGTH), navy blue cardigan, pink and white small checked blouse with peter pan collar, white knee length socks, black or brown shoes (flat lace up!!) navy blue blazer,blue and white striped tie optional for girls

Navy blue raincoat, brown leather satchel.

UPPER SCHOOL - navy blue skirt or navy blue trousers (after girls kicked off about it being unfair we couldn't wear trousers in winter!) plain pink or white "simon shirt", navy blue cardigan.White knee length socks or flesh coloured tights!! black or brown shoes (but no platforms) dark overcoat no tie and rules relaxed on bags - so no hideous satchel.

PE KIT white airtex shirts and navyblue shorts, black plimsols. HAPPY DAYS....

And I thought it was an all boys school. Don't remember the boys wearing that. :hihi: