School Uniforms - what did you wear?

Myers Grove. We had to wear a hideous blazer with navy skirt, white blouse & tie. The tie was either tied to a big fat knot & a very short length or a tiny knot with a very long length. The navy skirts had to be a certain length & the teachers used to measure the lengths with a ruler as we left the hall following morning assembly. They obviously didn't have enough work to do!! Some of them were very short but not quite as short as they are now.:banana:

did you go to Ecclesfield comp

that was our uniform....bottle green pleated skirt :gag: and matching knickers :help:

I was at ecco comp,remember the lasses wearing them,ah those were the days.:D

I went to Hinde House too, and I had a new grey pleated skirt which was miles to long for the 60's. I used to roll the top over to shorten it. One day I had to go and find Miss Frohock to give her a message and she was teaching a class of much older students. She was horrified at the length of the skirt and made me unroll it in front of the class. I've been traumatised ever since, the humiliation has stayed with me all these years. Thanks Frohock!!

Yep !:gag::gag:

what year did you leave ?

what year did you leave ?

I know you not asking me ,but i left in 1975,what about you.

Kazpa - NDHS? Up to the third year we had gymslips with slipovers, also we wore green indoor shoes, brown gloves in winter, white in summer. Regular uniform inspections including having to kneel down to make sure the skirt was less than four inches off the floor (most girls ended up looking like Michelin Man with the number of times the waistband was rolled over on the way to and from school). We also had to wear a green tabard over our uniform at lunchtime. P.E. kit was bottle green culottes and windcheater (sweatshirt in modern parlance) and pale green airtex shirt.

I left in 1971, please don't tell me you were in that class lol.

Daisy 2

Yes you got it. left in 1975

i once went to school in a pair of bright yellow jeans i was taken on stage before morning assembly given six of the best iin front of the whole school and told not to come in my pyjamas ever again but the thing that angered the headmaster most was when i laughed out loud after the cane most of the other pupils laughed with me it was great the next day i went in the same jeans and not a word was said victory to denim

Tapton secondary modern.Black blazer,white shirt.junior tie was blue with I think a white and black stripe,senior tie black with a blue and grey/black stripe,grey flannel trousers and clarkes wayfinders.Oh and an enigmatic smile!!!

does anyone know which schools in sheffield wear school uniform secondary schools.

First two years at Owler Lane it was the dreaded grey and maroon,fortunately after that you could wear black. some of us managed to get away with drainpipe trousers and draped jacket teddy boy style but still had o have a maroon tie.