Boycott all things Apple.

I've decided I'm wrong and Apple are simply trying to protect themselves from evil thieves who steal their work.

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/smartphone-OS-share1.png

Or it could be Apple see Android is taking over as a popular OS and they're trying any dirty trick to slow it down while they screw that last bit of cash from fools.

Question:

Why is it that Apple success is bad, and Google success is good?

Surely its better to have more competition, rather than a winner and a loser?

Question:

Why is it that Apple success is bad, and Google success is good?

Surely its better to have more competition, rather than a winner and a loser?

You tell me; you said it, not me.

Making up a poster's comments and trying to tell the forum he said it is a terrible way to argue your point.

I dislike Apple and wouldn't buy any of their products for several reasons:

They're overpriced

They try to kill competition with lies rather than beating them fairly in the market place

Apple try to force you to buy products that only fit their machines in an attempt to limit your choice to Apple product when your item needs replacing.

(How many, "How do I convert itunes" threads have you seen?)

Google based products I've seen do none of that:

They're cheaper

Work better

Apps are available from either Android of any third party you like without having to "Jailbreak" the phone and risk warranty problems.

They've shown a tendency to tell the big boys (like China) to bog off when it comes to right Vs. wrong.

There's a far wider range of products to choose from rather than being stuck to one of each type.

I have a Samsung galaxy pro. I went for that because I wanted the ease of Android but I wanted a physical qwerty pad rather than the on screen.

Android is used my many manufacturers so you have the choice.

Do Apple give you that choice in any of their products or do you have to buy an iproduct at stupid money to get what Android users get as standard?

If you want a keyboard for an ipad do you pop into any computer shop for any USB keyboard or pay who knows how much for the i version at an Apple store?

That may be a hard question so I'll try something easier.

How about linking your digital camera to your ipad.

I do it with a standard USB lead that I have for many other jobs so I don't need to buy one; what do you do?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/accessories/

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

$29.00

You have to be really stupid to buy Apple products.

You tell me; you said it, not me.

Making up a poster's comments and trying to tell the forum he said it is a terrible way to argue your point.

I dislike Apple and wouldn't buy any of their products for several reasons:

They're overpriced

They try to kill competition with lies rather than beating them fairly in the market place

Apple try to force you to buy products that only fit their machines in an attempt to limit your choice to Apple product when your item needs replacing.

(How many, "How do I convert itunes" threads have you seen?)

Google based products I've seen do none of that:

They're cheaper

Work better

Apps are available from either Android of any third party you like without having to "Jailbreak" the phone and risk warranty problems.

They've shown a tendency to tell the big boys (like China) to bog off when it comes to right Vs. wrong.

There's a far wider range of products to choose from rather than being stuck to one of each type.

I have a Samsung galaxy pro. I went for that because I wanted the ease of Android but I wanted a physical qwerty pad rather than the on screen.

Android is used my many manufacturers so you have the choice.

Do Apple give you that choice in any of their products or do you have to buy an iproduct at stupid money to get what Android users get as standard?

If you want a keyboard for an ipad do you pop into any computer shop for any USB keyboard or pay who knows how much for the i version at an Apple store?

That may be a hard question so I'll try something easier.

How about linking your digital camera to your ipad.

I do it with a standard USB lead that I have for many other jobs so I don't need to buy one; what do you do?

$29.00

I use many non Apple peripheries for my Mac and my iPod so maybe the issue is only a problem for the iPad? Why such a rant though, many of your complaints can be labelled at any big company, Microsoft springs to mind.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Apple has begun manufacturing a lower-priced version of its phenomenally popular iPhone 4 with a smaller 8GB flash drive.

The flash drive for the 8GB iPhone 4 is being made by a Korean company, a source told Reuters, declining to name the company.

Apple currently sources its flash drives from Japan's Toshiba and South Korea's Samsung Electronics.

Apple, which demands high levels of secrecy and security from suppliers and employees, declined to comment, as did Samsung.

That should make a few people on here happy :)

The problem with rants is that they're usually not thought through and so-called arguments are poorly made.

I dislike Apple and wouldn't buy any of their products for several reasons...

1. They're overpriced

2. They try to kill competition with lies rather than beating them fairly in the market place

3. Apple try to force you to buy products that only fit their machines in an attempt to limit your choice to Apple product when your item needs replacing.

1. Prices are based not just on production costs but also on the willingness of the market to sustain such - i.e. what people are prepared to pay. Take a look at the price of most designer clothing. (That's where the true idiots spend their money.) Most of Apple's products sell well so the price must be right.

2. You need to support this claim. If you're referring to the mis-proportioned image in their recent attempt to obtain a near-pan-European ban on the Galaxy Tab then this article suggests not only that it was probably an accident but also points out that the aspect ratio wasn't referred to in the text of the complaint.

3. There are plenty of alternative suppliers of most accessories. So-called "official" parts are usually more expensive as BMW drivers will tell you.

How many "How do I convert itunes" threads have you seen?

Explain why this is important - or, indeed, relevant to the rest of your rant.

(I like} Google based products {because}...

1. They're cheaper

2. Work better

3. Apps are available from either Android of any third party you like without having to "Jailbreak" the phone and risk warranty problems.

4. They've shown a tendency to tell the big boys (like China) to bog off when it comes to right Vs. wrong.

5. There's a far wider range of products to choose from rather than being stuck to one of each type. Android is used by many manufacturers so you have {a wider} choice.

1. Fair enough. Mind you this can mean cheap - i.e. in the sense of being rubbish. You get what you pay for. Some people prefer Waitrose to Netto.

2. A claim made without justification so rejected.

3. Apple's policy of vetting Apps is to ensure safety and to some extent quality - about a year ago Jobs saying “We have over 250,000 apps in the App Store. We don’t need any more Fart apps.". There are now over half a million Apps available via the App Store - enough to make you wonder why "jailbreaking" is so important.

4. Explain why this is relevant. Don't bother with the claim that Apple's suppliers there are slave-drivers as no end of technology companies utilise suppliers such as Foxconn.

5. Apple products are just one choice of many in the same way that Pashley bikes are.

This doesn't make sense - even as a follow-on to your last point. Explain.

The iPad doesn't support a USB keyboard as it doesn't have a USB port. Such a port isn't needed as most things such as data transfers can be done wirelessly or via the supplied data cable. Few iPad users prefer an external keyboard. My wife is a case in point. She has a wireless Apple one - one which also has an alternative script to suit her mother tongue - but she hardly ever uses it with her iPad. (The on-screen one allows the choice of most scripts.) It's used with her Mac mini instead.

How about linking your digital camera to your ipad. I do it with a standard USB lead that I have for many other jobs so I don't need to buy one. What do you do?

My wife puts the pictures that she takes on her (separate) camera onto a Mac to begin with - a device which is regularly backed up via the service built into OS X - and then transfers to her iPad any she wishes to show on there via the supplied cable. (When iOS 5 comes out she'll be able to do that wirelessly via Apple's iCloud service.) The Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit is useful if you're on the road with no computer - i.e. just a camera and an iPad - but few are.

You have to be wise to buy Apple products as you will gain a whole lot more for your money than you would with something cheap and nasty with poor support.

$29.00

Or if you really must store all your photo's on your ipad alone (as opposed to your main PC/laptop/mac/whatever) you could just buy something like this! £3.38 Delivered...Bargain :)

The problem with rants is that they're usually not thought through and so-called arguments are poorly made.

Talking of poorly thought out arguments:

2. You need to support this claim. If you're referring to the mis-proportioned image in their recent attempt to obtain a near-pan-European ban on the Galaxy Tab then this article suggests not only that it was probably an accident but also points out that the aspect ratio wasn't referred to in the text of the complaint.

There is no mention of aspect ratio in the text because they would have to say the Galaxy Tab's is significantly different from the iPad's - which would argue against their claim of copying. As it is, the only indication of the Galaxy Tab's aspect ratio in the complaint is the false representation of it in the doctored image.

There is no mention of aspect ratio in the text because they would have to say the Galaxy Tab's is significantly different from the iPad's - which would argue against their claim of copying.

Why, it's not the aspect ratio of the device that is at question, and never was.

As it is, the only indication of the Galaxy Tab's aspect ratio in the complaint is the false representation of it in the doctored image.

Which makes sense, since the aspect ratio of the device is not what the case is about.

Why, it's not the aspect ratio of the device that is at question, and never was.

Which makes sense, since the aspect ratio of the device is not what the case is about.

Why submit a doctored image then?

Dutch court rules on Apple vs Samsung

The judge found Samsung infringed one patent related to scrolling through a photo gallery using finger gestures on a touchscreen in three phones that use Android 2.3. It does not affect Android 3.1, used by the Samsung tablet. The phones will be banned in Europe starting Oct 15 if Samsung doesn't release a software fix in the meantime.

The judge denied all the other Apple claims - including the design patents. So the Samsung phones and tablet are officially not just copies of Apple products.

iphone 4 amazing best thing i have ever had

ipad2 getting soon

more apple products needed in the world