Boycott all things Apple.

You are funny.

TCP/IP -the backbone of networking was hacked on to Windows as an after thought. Yet it's a basic component of all Unix based computers such as those that run Linux and Mac OS X. The foundation of Unix is essentially a server.

Ever hear of Tim Berners Lee? He's the guy that invented the world wide web. He put the working concept together on a NeXT computer. What happened to NeXT? Apple bought it from a certain Steve Jobs, bringing him back to the company he founded and the NexT STEP operating system went on to become what we now call Mac OS X.

While Steve didn't invent the internet, he certainly played a major role in its creation.

NeXT please. (pun intended)

They have internet on Macs now?

I look forward to Ol' Steve declaring that Apple invented the Internet too.

You were on the right track :hihi:

I would just like to use this post to back up a point I made earlier.

This was a discussion about whether you could get a signal on Orange this morning. What the phone model had to do with anything, I really don't know. Unless its supposed to have magical signal power because it was made by Apple, and they probably invented mobile phone reception.

Different phone can / will contain different radio circuitry and could be more sensitive / efficient than others - this is why two people on the same network stood side by side in the same location can have different signal strengths and call quality.

Anyway getting back on topic i wouldn't have anything Apple branded simply because I cant help feel that there are far batter alternatives for a given product that are less restrictive in their features / functions and present better value for money - for what its worth I don't have a mobile and the mrs has a rather old but still fully function HTC Blue Angel and bonus points to anyone that knows what one is lol.

I am still using my Nokia 3410.I have had it yonks and it does everything I want with the same battery as when I bought it.

Ever hear of Tim Berners Lee? He's the guy that invented the world wide web. He put the working concept together on a NeXT computer. What happened to NeXT? Apple bought it from a certain Steve Jobs, bringing him back to the company he founded and the NexT STEP operating system went on to become what we now call Mac OS X.

While Steve didn't invent the internet, he certainly played a major role in its creation.

Ever heard of Ol' Steve?

He gave birth to the Golden Apple, then got disowned by the Golden Apple, had a tantrum and gave birth to NeXT in order to kill the Golden Apple, then when that murder attempt failed he got rehired by the Golden Apple.

And now, he is your god.

My, what short memories Golden Apple owners have. Must be all those 3G signals frying your brains :hihi:

x x x x x

I was trying really hard to avoid this thread, but now I must post.

Steve Jobs did NOT have a role in the creation of the Internet.

The underpinnings of what would eventually become the Internet was ARPANET, which was worked on in the late 60s and early 70s.

At this time, SJ was just a hippie in California and Apple only started in '76.

SJ and the original Macintosh team saw Ethernet at Xerox when they visited in the early 80s, but Ethernet was not used by Apple until quite a while after the original Mac was introduced in 1984.

If you want to post about SJ, then please read several of the unauthorised biographies published about him over the past few decades. You might learn something. :)

While SJ is a very influential character and has done a lot of good, he is not an inventor of any kind. If you want to name an inventor that came from Apple, that would be Steve Wozniak - an electronics genius.

SJ is a charismatic leader who has visions and knows how to tell others what to do. This is what he is an expert as, and thats why products like the iPod and iPhone have been successful (well, partly). He's just a well-trained businessman with a good eye for product design. SJ was terrible at managing Apple during the 80s, and he was stripped of all his responsibilities before resigning in 1985 because, basically, he was incompetent. At NeXT, SJ became a much better manager. By the time he was back at Apple in '96/'97, he was much a different character to how he was in the 70s/80s.

You are funny.

TCP/IP -the backbone of networking was hacked on to Windows as an after thought. Yet it's a basic component of all Unix based computers such as those that run Linux and Mac OS X. The foundation of Unix is essentially a server.

NeXT please. (pun intended)

You've just made yourself look very silly and demonstrated an astonishing lack of understanding of the origins of NextStep and Mac OS X.

Being a dedicated hater of all things apple or indeed any fruit based products eg Orange, Blackberry etc i find that its not the technology that irritates me but the people who use them. Can anybody actually say that they have had a conversation with an iphone user that has lasted longer than 3 minutes before the bloody thing is out of their pocket and they are happily scrolling oblivious to the outside world. I think it can be proved that iphone owners have an attention span of roughly 2.87 mins. The old adage that men think about sex every 7 minutes or whatever doesnt apply to these iphone saddo's. There thoughts turn to Apps or "just checking that its working ok whilst sat in that dark inside pocket" Now this is not any form of jealousy as i can easily afford a box full of the damn things if i wanted. I just prefer a phone that you can talk text or just abit of internet.

Unfortunately the Apple brainwashing will continue with the next must have incarnation. They are turning the worlds population into sheep.

Unfortunately the Apple brainwashing will continue with the next must have incarnation. They are turning the worlds population into sheep.

I wouldn't say so, fashion existed long before Apple did. Technology has always been about wanting the latest thing. Computers are technically out of date within 6-12 months. Its always been this way, but things happen a bit faster now.

they already kicked the whole world...how to boycott...and why?

Does it really matter what SJ did or did not invent?

What matters is his fantastic ability to con fools into paying way too much for his products when better is available cheaper.

My wife's Nokia needed a new battery so she bought one at the nearest phone shop and popped it in.

How are iphone users fixed for that?

@upinwath people pay so much for 'most' apple products because they have things that are very hard to measure like ascetics,ease of use the glamour and prestige a lot of people feel wen they have obtained some thing desirable [like an IPhone].

wile other things have more RAM,memorie,better internet access,bigger screens,cheaper ect ect

@upinwath people pay so much for 'most' apple products because they have things that are very hard to measure like ascetics,ease of use the glamour and prestige a lot of people feel wen they have obtained some thing desirable [like an IPhone].

wile other things have more RAM,memorie,better internet access,bigger screens,cheaper ect ect

Does it have a spell checker?

As for my bold, as I said before, posers with more cash than brains.