Woodseats Safe Parking Campaign

please support this campaign by going to the facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002778035394

and add as a friend.

The owner of this garage is abusive and incosiderate and has ignored previous requests to comply and to act responsibly and legally. Its got to be bad for his business as much as anything.

Edited by S8NWC

seemes a liitle extreme on the face of it ?

I'd thought the council would be best placed to sort this ? perhaps by putting yellow lines to ensure safety.

Not on facebook, is this about the garage towards the top of Woodseats Road between the club and the new flats ?

it is indeed.

his cars are parked illegally and dangerously. He was politely asked to move one of his cars by a neighbour who needed to get a removal van in for his elderly parents. all he got in return was a torrent of verbal abuse. There are two issues here. Dangerer ous and illegal parking and Illegal trading. He has already been contacted by the council and refuses to comply. The Police are not interested.

I'm in total agreement, it's only a matter of time before there's an accident

somewhere around the "triangle" between the bottom part of Scarsdale, the

Dale and Woodseats Road. This guy (who I've never met) abandons his cars

anywhere and everywhere and makes it extremely difficult to view the traffic

going down Woodseats Road.

Not sure if it's a police matter or the council,double yellows is the obvious answer to me.

yes im campaigning for the double yellows as this guy is clearly not going to play ball. as you say it will make the triangle a much safer place to drive.

Whilst not defending him, he's not the only contributor to a potential accident here. There's an increasing number of people using The Dale as a rat run, seen a few close shaves here recently where cars turning right from Woodseats Road almost hit cars coming out of either of the two blocks of apartments.

The Dale should be residents only or there should be a no entry sign at this point.

I wonder if the "Don't pay it's not a fine" brigade are reading this? I wonder what solution they would have.

By the way, can't join your group. Don't have Facebook.

Are all the vehicles taxed?

This is an accident waiting to happen, but it's usually drivers that park at the bottom of the Dale on the junction with Woodseats road that are the main problem for me .

They not only narrow the the junction on the one side, on the car dealers side women with prams and children going to school have to often come out into the road from the back of parked vans or cars..

Yes it's great to come out with flip answers, but after a child is injured or a baby in a pram is hit is not the time to suddenly develop a social conscience

I wonder if the "Don't pay it's not a fine" brigade are reading this? I wonder what solution they would have.

Parking on the road is not the same as parking in a private car park. Actual fines issued by the council or police do have to be paid ;)