New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

I doubt that it is true, Drakehouse isn't the right area for M&S. It's a bit like plonking a branch of Harvey Nic's in Walkley or a Jack Fultons in Dore. They just don't fit. Perhaps somewhere like Millhouses would be a better location?

There is a M&S food store in Cross Gates in Leeds. Hardly the nicest area of the city. So no reason why it can't work in Drakehouse.

There is a M&S food store in Cross Gates in Leeds. Hardly the nicest area of the city. So no reason why it can't work in Drakehouse.

M&S is overpriced rubbish IMO. Drakehouse is not a doss hole.

Didn't say it was.

I think it's a great idea, think of the jobs it will create and more so think of the competition the customer will win in the price war :D

It's not got much going for it either!

A giant car supermarket - wow.

A pretty rubbish shopping centre.

2 retail parks which are horrendously busy at weekends causing traffic nightmares around the whole area.

On the plus side there's........

It's not got much going for it either!

A giant car supermarket - wow.

A pretty rubbish shopping centre.

2 retail parks which are horrendously busy at weekends causing traffic nightmares around the whole area.

On the plus side there's........

That's not Drakehouse.

I agree, the road network is beyond madness. But, Asda will help in creating a much better road system. It's crying out for it.

That's not Drakehouse.

I agree, the road network is beyond madness. But, Asda will help in creating a much better road system. It's crying out for it.

Sorry, my mistake. It's just so hard to tell where one of the townships finish and the others start. Waterthorpe, Sothall, Hackenthorpe, Owlthorpe, Westfield, Halfway, Beighton, Mosborough, Oxclose, Drakehouse etc. Where does one finish and the next one start?

Edited by Paddy

Sorry, my mistake. It's just so hard to tell where one of the townships finish and the others start. Waterthorpe, Sothall, Hackenthorpe, Owlthorpe, Westfield, Halfway, Beighton, Mosborough, Oxclose, Drakehouse etc. Where does one finish and the next one start?

I accept your humble apology. I just look at the map with my glasses off. It is a blur for sure.

a very close relation of mine works for home decor innovations and this propasal was given to thier workforce last november, the only thing that was a stumbling block for hdi was a suitable site to relocate the business.

a very close relation of mine works for home decor innovations and this propasal was given to thier workforce last november, the only thing that was a stumbling block for hdi was a suitable site to relocate the business.

From what I've heard, this Italian/English company will be ready to go if the price is right :)

From what I've heard, this Italian/English company will be ready to go if the price is right :)

this is true but they still require a suitable new home.