New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

So true. Went to Asda a few weeks ago on the way from from a night shift at around 3am and no bread or fresh veg available.

NO bread or NO fresh veg?

I find that extremely hard to believe :rolleyes:

I know there is a thread on this but it is over a year since anything was on it, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about when this is supposed to be happening. Have done a search but cannot find any information on it, I would have thought they wanted to get it done ASAP.

wish they would build an IKEA around there as well there is acres of land up there, that would support 4 or 5 big outlets.

they could improve the retail landscape and bring hundreds of jobs to the area i wish they would hurry up and make their minds up. i live in chesterfield and we could well do with an Asda along with Ikea maybe harvey nics bring some big hitters into south yorkshire

Looks like they might be starting on the new Asda soon, just seen in the Star that Home Decor have relocated so would imagine demolition will be starting soon on the old place.

Asda website says it's opening on 18th Oct according to a friend. They will be advertising the jobs soon.

Asda website says it's opening on 18th Oct according to a friend. They will be advertising the jobs soon.

Care to link us to this page?

I ask because:

a: I can't find it

b: I spoke with Asda House (HQ) and was told there were no official plans.

Care to link us to this page?

I ask because:

a: I can't find it

b: I spoke with Asda House (HQ) and was told there were no official plans.

Don't know how to link. But on the website go down to the bottom of the page to careers. They have a new store section and it mentions mosborourgh opening 14th Oct 2013. Who ever you spoke to doesn't obviously know their job !!

Don't know how to link. But on the website go down to the bottom of the page to careers. They have a new store section and it mentions mosborourgh opening 14th Oct 2013. Who ever you spoke to doesn't obviously know their job !!

I stand corrected. Before I saw Leah-Lacie's post I contacted Asda House again and I think I know why they told me not when there is.

I asked about new stores in Drakehouse/Beighton. It's listed at Asda House as Mosborough and may the colleague I spoke to didn't make the connection of the areas being the same essentially.

Yes it's not Mosborough is it. But if it brings jobs to the area it's good news. The traffic on the other hand will be murder.

Yes it's not Mosborough is it. But if it brings jobs to the area it's good news. The traffic on the other hand will be murder.

Hopefully I'll be able to transfer in as it's closer to where I live that the current store I'm at.

I am keeping an eye on the application date as i will be applying for part time work.