New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

This Asda is very good, prices very competitive!!

I reckon this will be the end of the road for Sainsbury in the CP complex. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out of Crystal Peaks within 2 yrs?

I would be surprised - remember they expanded their CP store a few years ago so it must be profitable despite Morrisions not being far away. The Asda will impact their trade for sure, but I think Sainsburys aims for a slightly different market to Asda (competing on quality more than price) so I think there's room for both of them.

The Iceland in Crystal Peaks' days may be numbered though.

yes my sisters favourite too|

called in on saturday - like the store -car parking a little less like

I love that its pay at the pump.

No more queing behind a car of someone whos doing a weekly shop in the kiosk, or has just come to use the cash machine or have a little chat!

In,fuel,pay,out.

And cheaper fuel too.

Win win.

To be fair, Asda petrol stations have usually just been pumps and a pay kiosk, no little shop.

Went Saturday, was impressed, the layout is slightly different but it's nothing to get worried about. Parking is fine and the fuel is the cheapest i've found.

Went in on Friday night. A fair bit smaller than the Asda in Handsworth.

Went Saturday, was impressed, the layout is slightly different but it's nothing to get worried about. Parking is fine and the fuel is the cheapest i've found.

How much is the petrol per litre?

Thank you, only a penny cheaper than my usual, wouldn't be worth the extra distance and time.

What makes me laugh is the ones who are obsessed about a penny difference In petrol are the same ones that spend 40 quid on fags a week

What makes me laugh is the ones who are obsessed about a penny difference In petrol are the same ones that spend 40 quid on fags a week

Because everyone who wants cheaper fuel also smokes right ? :loopy:

Well, at least the police will not have far to go for their doughnuts with it being bang next door !!! :hihi: