New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

Not only are we having an Asda at Drakehouse, but I received a post through my door outlining the new Tesco store at Halfway.

I've heard from a reliable source that, being an arterial route, Moss Way will be upgraded to a dual carriageway between Owlthorpe Greenway and Donetsk Way and the old plan resurrected where a link road is built across the existing farmland between Moss Way/Owlthorpe Greenway and Quarry Hill at Mosborough to take the pressure of Mosborough village. This to be funded by Asda and Tesco.

I know there is a thread on this but it is over a year since anything was on it, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about when this is supposed to be happening. Have done a search but cannot find any information on it, I would have thought they wanted to get it done ASAP.

would love to no myself hope its not like the one at manor top or any that belonged to neto because they have never got nought in them shop

The present company on the site ( Home Decor) are due to move out in December. Their new factory in Woodhouse is almost built. The building is then going to be demolished in January and work on constructing the new Asda will start shortly after that.

home decor is this at drakehouse that used to be homebase or focus dont no of a home decor at crystal peaks

home decor is this at drakehouse that used to be homebase or focus dont no of a home decor at crystal peaks

No, Home Decor is next to the Police station and make sliding wardobe doors etc, it used to be part of Stanley tools.

Didn't know theres going to be an asda at crystal peaks thats news to me

Didn't know theres going to be an asda at crystal peaks thats news to me

Yep, on the retail park, also an Asda petrol station. Gonna be chaos on the main road.

would love to no myself hope its not like the one at manor top or any that belonged to neto because they have never got nought in them shop

With a bit of luck the whole idea has been scrapped.

With a bit of luck the whole idea has been scrapped.

No it's happening, should open late next year. How many Supermarkets does Sheffield need?

Just another asda that will end up like many of the others, shelves not being restocked and managers that couldn't care less.