New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

Loads of parking on Ochre Dyke and surrounding areas is for the trams not just for shoppers.

The main entrance (that i use) to the Home Decor site i.e bang behind the police station- is not within walking distance of CP for most of the people, most of them can't be bothered to walk into CP from Drakehouse for parking. Thats just my observaition obviously.

The infrastructure certainly needs upgrading but it won't be - we have a multi million pound bypass that everyone ignores, just as an example.

Don't forget the second fire station at Aston,

Surely we need people to shop local with independent traders, that way, everyone wins!! It is always best to deal with the shopkeepers themselves to get the best deals and the best service rather than dealing with faceless "managers". I feel for the traders in Crystal Peaks, times are tough anyway without increasing their competition!

Loads of parking on Ochre Dyke and surrounding areas is for the trams not just for shoppers.

:oThis is an arterial route for the use of buses, emergency vehicles and normal day to day traffic ... not as a parking lot for the tram stop. This exists at Halfway Tram Stop! By parking on Ochre Dyke this restricts the road to one way traffic and the people parking on there should be getting a ticket for obstruction.

The main entrance (that i use) to the Home Decor site i.e bang behind the police station- is not within walking distance of CP for most of the people, most of them can't be bothered to walk into CP from Drakehouse for parking. Thats just my observaition obviously.

:hihi:By the size of the creatures that live in Crystal Peaks I could tend to agree with you that it is beyond the possibilities of these people, but normal people it is certainly within their capability.

The infrastructure certainly needs upgrading but it won't be - we have a multi million pound bypass that everyone ignores, just as an example.

:(Where is this? The Sheffield Ring Road?

Don't forget the second fire station at Aston,

:suspect:Too far away with the population envisaged at Drakehouse/CPeaks

Yep thats the one -the ring road,designed to lessen the impact on Beighton from the townships and CP development. Everyone from Mosborough,Halfway etc just drive through Killamarsh to get to the M1 and link up with the ring road.

Yep thats the one -the ring road,designed to lessen the impact on Beighton from the townships and CP development. Everyone from Mosborough,Halfway etc just drive through Killamarsh to get to the M1 and link up with the ring road.

Living on Waterthorpe I do use the ring road but I know a lot of people who drive through Killamarsh, up to Woodhall and join the motorway from the M1 service road.

The problem with Crystal Peaks has always been the lack of parking spaces, a new superstore is not going to relieve this! It is in people's nature not to walk anywhere. Why not take the tram through the new Asda complex, then down to CPeaks and back to the normal route to Halfway, maybe even extending the tram route into Morrisons car park. That would ease traffic congestion.

Ooh that's good news. I work up that end of town so that'll come in really handy (as Asda's my fav supermarket!)

Edited by BettyBooHoo!

How many market traders are there in CP that sell food anyway?

But Asda doesn't just sell food, it sells clothes, household goods and electrical items, so consumers can get what they need all from under one roof.

So why would customers go to independent shops that sell just a single item, when they can get the vast majority of what they need along with the ‘big food shop’ at Asda?

most people would shop around for household and electrical goods. Saisburys sell the same things as asda do and they have managed to live side by side for many years. The crossover just isn't there obviously. The only shop the asda will be hurting is sainsbury's

Shame its going to be an Asda. As if there arent enough scrotes around Crystal Peaks as it is!

Why cant it be a Tescos?

most people would shop around for household and electrical goods. Saisburys sell the same things as asda do and they have managed to live side by side for many years. The crossover just isn't there obviously. The only shop the asda will be hurting is sainsbury's

good .might make sainsburys wake up and put more staff on tills . never been to sainsburys and not queued

But Asda doesn't just sell food, it sells clothes, household goods and electrical items, so consumers can get what they need all from under one roof.

So why would customers go to independent shops that sell just a single item, when they can get the vast majority of what they need along with the ‘big food shop’ at Asda?

That has always been Asda's argument; it's better for customers.

Asda is owned by Walmart. That's one reason I shop there as little as possible.