Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 2 Do Not Advertise in here

Good job you were paying attention then, i hope every time you drive you actually pay attention!!!

There always one. :roll: The point I was trying to make was of the children in the car of a learner. I didn't know it was allowed.

And for the record lou there are plenty of drivers who DON'T pay attention.

There always one. :roll: The point I was trying to make was of the children in the car of a learner. I didn't know it was allowed.

And for the record lou there are plenty of drivers who DON'T pay attention.

Yes there is always one...one who has openly admitted to nearly running into the back of a learner who had stalled at a roundabout but luckily for the learner, the said person was paying attention and to top it off, beeped their horn at them!!

A learner is quite entitled to carry passengers as long as the person accompanying them in the front is aged over 21, holding their licence for over 3 years.

Yes there is always one...one who has openly admitted to nearly running into the back of a learner who had stalled at a roundabout but luckily for the learner, the said person was paying attention and to top it off, beeped their horn at them!!

A learner is quite entitled to carry passengers as long as the person accompanying them in the front is aged over 21, holding their licence for over 3 years.

I was actually driving around it coming from the right and the driver was stalled across it. :rolleyes:

3 months, thats really good. Do you mind me asking for prices etc... and how many lessons you had?
Sorry Cath just seen this. For me she was £40 for two 2 hour beginners lessons, then £190 for a block set of five 2 hour lessons (10 hours). I think she may have just put this up to £200 though. I had 30 hours in total plus the beginners lessons so 34. As I said I could have found cheaper but I think her prices are fairly standard and for the level of tuition it was really good value.

She does do all over Sheffield and I'm recommending her to another friend who is similar age to me and wants to finally start learning.

Me and my friend passed first time with JC Driving school. His number is 07879068484. Great instructor and rates were £19 per hour . Passed with around 30 lessons . He's based around hillsborough.

Can anyone tell me the telephone number of Hayden Ellis school of motoring? I've phoned the number listed on all websites and the lady who answered said it was no longer his number. Cheers in advance!!

My grand daughter just passed with Kath Hawes from Ringinglow.

Her previous intructor had told us she was 'impossible' but with patience Kath got her through first time. She put us all at ease and was ready to chat on the phone about how we could help with my grand daughters stress levels!

I would recommend her very highly to anyone!

She is based in S11 but I think she covers most of south west Sheffield. I don't know the rates as my son paid and this isn't an advert anyway, it's my honest recommendation!

Please give Kath a call if you have a nervous teen about to hit the road.

0114 230 1535

My nephew used this instructor last year.

Her first time pass rate is very good and my nephew passed first time too!

Thanks to Kath!

Hi, im currently doing lessons with a lady but i really need to get out of them.. I have been doing lessons with hr for nearly 2 years now and she makes me feel so rubbish every lesson and starts shouting at me etc.. Every person i have spoken to who does lessons with her have also been doing them way over what it should take.. She turns up about 20 min late to every lesson and is just more ales taking my money, bringing me down constantly and knocking my confidence!!

ANYWAY!! Im looking for a female instructor, I'm in the s6 area and if anyone can recommend someone who doesn't rip people off and has good pass rates? Thanks!!

I was actually driving around it coming from the right and the driver was stalled across it. :rolleyes:

Hi, im currently doing lessons with a lady but i really need to get out of them.. I have been doing lessons with hr for nearly 2 years now and she makes me feel so rubbish every lesson and starts shouting at me etc.. Every person i have spoken to who does lessons with her have also been doing them way over what it should take.. She turns up about 20 min late to every lesson and is just more ales taking my money, bringing me down constantly and knocking my confidence!!

ANYWAY!! Im looking for a female instructor, I'm in the s6 area and if anyone can recommend someone who doesn't rip people off and has good pass rates? Thanks!!

Hi, I've had my lessons with Margaret from Martin Woodward, she was fantastic. I passed my test the very first time. I had no experience when I started my lessons with her and I would highly recommend her and actually when I decided to have more lessons, she assured me that I'm ready and encouraged me to take the test!

Tel. 0800 781 7656 or 0114 201 6565

e-mail. [email protected]

Hi - Try jon hardy on Sheffield 2472141 for automatic driving lessons

I spoke to two ex pupils of his last week, the comments were that Jon is very impatient.

Edited by hello1964

Hi folks, with public transport becoming so bad these days, constant missing buses, screaming children, and other general annoyances; I have decided it is time to take lessons, and get a car.

I have sent off he final bit for my provisional, and soon to take the next step. With driving schools being such a minefield, I thought this might be the best place to ask the people of Sheffield about what they might thing the best school is.

I am generally nervous, and would need a patent and understanding instructor. Price would also be an issue, and a package bundle would probably be best for me.

Next part is the theory part. I am more of a practical learn by doing person, so this might be difficult. What literature would be recommended? any specific authors of books to be recommended?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading :-)