Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 2 Do Not Advertise in here

The best driving school on a student budget.

I would look for an instructor who would teach me to drive not just pass a test of minimum competence for the cheapest price.

So, ask any prospective instructor to name 3 things that will be taught but not required within or by the driving test as well as to name what other instructional and driving qualifications he/she has on top of the green badge.

That's a better measure of the likely quality of training than price alone but then I suppose that's too much to ask of Jo Public who pass a test of minimum competence and do nothing else for the rest of their time to sharpen up, refresh or develop their skills.

Oh well ...

Hey there

My friends daughter is wanting to learn to drive, is there any particular driving instructors you would recommend?

I'v been recommended a few such as Bill Plant and some independent instructors such as 'Pass U Martin' (Martin Wilde)...But who would YOU recommend?

Many thanks

The_Baron

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor or crash course company.

I am 24 and haven't drove for about 4 years now. I started driving when I was 17 but failed my test a couple of times and just gave up (Wish I hadn't now)

I am quite nervous about getting back behind the wheel but I know that once I get back into it ill be fine.

I was thinking about doing a crash course and Ive looked up a few on the internet were they say guaranteed pass, unlimited tests (probably some catch) however I just wondered if anyone on here has used a crash course company and if you recommend it?

Also if anyone knows a good driving instructor that is friendly as I am quite nervous.

Why do you say that have you had a bad experience?

Why do you say that have you had a bad experience?

'Crash' as in car crash.

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor or crash course company.

I am 24 and haven't drove for about 4 years now. I started driving when I was 17 but failed my test a couple of times and just gave up (Wish I hadn't now)

I am quite nervous about getting back behind the wheel but I know that once I get back into it ill be fine.

I was thinking about doing a crash course and Ive looked up a few on the internet were they say guaranteed pass, unlimited tests (probably some catch) however I just wondered if anyone on here has used a crash course company and if you recommend it?

Also if anyone knows a good driving instructor that is friendly as I am quite nervous.

Oh it will be a catch no doubt about that.Anyway drive dynamics do the crash course you are asking about[ my daughter did it through them] but as far as recommending them,it all depends on the instructor you get.:)

I'd thoroughly recommend http://www.alexschoolofmotoring.com/

Alex taught my girlfriend and she's one of the only drivers I feel relaxed being a passenger to.

Alex may well be an ace instructor.

But it may also be the case that your girlfriend is a "natural" behind the wheel with an innate calm competence. Some have this and others never achieve it.

There's only so much on the face of it that an instructor can teach or influence - the driver always comes with the "baggage" of their background, upbringing, in-built, learnt or spoon-fed (17 years with parents) responses to the world. Drivers' attitudes and beliefs drive their behaviour. Their ability to plan, their emotions and responses under stress or pressure are what, largely, cause crashes not purely physical vehicle-handling deficiencies.

So parents beware of your influence on your kids' eventual driving outcomes!

Edited by DT Ralge

Can anybody recommend a good driving instructor - cheap and friendly - if they are in S6 area even better? Or are there any places in Sheffield where you can do week long courses?

Hi, iv got my driving test next week and I'm taking it in my own car, just wondering if there's any instructors free on Thursday that's available for a little mock test. I'm based in the Beighton area and going to be taking my test at handsworth.

Thankyou