Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 2 Do Not Advertise in here

Police warning over unlicensed driving instructors

Police are warning learner drivers to ensure instructors are properly qualified, after roadside checks found some giving lessons were unlicensed.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 22-09-2013 at 18:48 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleadly

Police warning over unlicensed driving instructors

Police are warning learner drivers to ensure instructors are properly qualified, after roadside checks found some giving lessons were unlicensed.

oops! A bit previous there!

Just to clarify, all Approved Driving Instructors MUST display their green authorising Certificate (commonly known as a badge) in the windscreen of their vehicle whilst they are giving lessons. If you can't see one, then ask where it is.

If they can't produce one, they are teaching you illegally

Started off with Martin Woodwards and ended up switching to Mike Ellis passed first time around with only four minors. Honestly, Can't recommend Mike enough so patient and calm; he really focuses his time on what areas you are not confident in and gives you the confidence you need in them. Can't remember prices as I passed almost a year ago I know they were low though and if you block book you can end up getting them for £15-£16 per hour, the numbers I have are: 011424456 and 07779 194654 :)

He also teaches you to drive and not just pass the test like many instructors. For example: he teaches you to reverse bay park properly none of that driving forward and reversing back into the space which you would never ever be able to do in a real life situation!

Edited by amygcad

Hello

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor who does an intensive short course, ideally a weekend?

My husband has had a lot of driving lessons in the past, passed his theory etc so just needs some intensive practice and to take his test again.

Thank you.

I was with a really nice instructor named Louise, 07947 962921

She's quite flexible with her lesson time so I think weekend wouldn't be a problem for her.

Started lesson with her mid-August this year, and passed my practical on 1 October (when other instructors said this cannot be done).

She uses a diesel, manual car, very easy to drive. She's very patient, friendly and familiar with local test routes. Can't recommend her enough.

SANDERSONS school of motoring! covers S5 and surrounding area's, I can not recommend this lovely guy enough! George, is a patient, kind and very funny bloke! nothing phases him! Ive got my test soon and when I pass I will really miss him :( he does 4 hours for £40 for first timers, or £20 an hour or £38 for 2 hours, top bloke!!

Hi there its only a short 1 can eny1 reconend mi. Wi some good drivein instrucors in sheffield pls sorry about the spellin its this stupid fne

---------- Post added 09-11-2013 at 20:38 ----------

Cheerrrrrrrrrrsssssss:)

Can someone recommend me an female instructor who is:

- Used to someone my age (mid 30s)

- I've driven before, but in another country (right side drive). My license there has expired, with no way to renew [before anyone asks, unable to transfer it to the UK either]. I need someone who has the patience to understand I've got to swap my distances around, etc.

- I drove regularly for about 9 years before coming to the UK

- I would like to learn in a full automatic (I took lessons in a car that could swap back and forth and found it confusing) if possible.

Also, I dont want to hear what benefits driving a manual brings. I've only ever driven automatics and have tried to learn, but cant grasp learning the gears and the UK way of driving all at once. I would like to be able to pass my test, own a car and think about retaking my road test in a manual car it "upgrade" my license

I posted years ago about wanting a recommendation and received one, but its two years old so not sure if the school still exists.

Thanks

So Go For It can no longer help me as I've gotten a job and need someone who can cover weekends S8 (Heely/Meersbrook) and or evening from city centre

Thanks.

My daughter had her test cancelled today due to the weather. We have managed to get a cancellation on 16 December at 1.40 but her current instructor can't make it.

I am looking for an instructor that can take her in for a lesson before and for her test on this date.

Thanks

Anyone heard of Red Driving School? I got an offer when logging into Sheffield Library 24 hour site to do the Theory Test Pro online practice tests. They say lessons "start at 9.75gbp/hour".

I, like alternageek, had a driver's license from another country, it expired a long time ago so now have to start all over. I too am more experienced with automatic, but have driven manual transmissions a few times...albeit I am very very rusty.

I basically just need someone with a car who has the correct insurance and doesn't mind if I jolt a bit whilst getting used to a manual transmission.

Any input about this company would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone recently passed their test and are able to offer a recommendation for an instructor or driving school please?

It's for my 19 year old son.

Many Thanks :D

My 18 year old son has just passed first time with Andy's School of Motoring. He came well recommended.

Call him on