Driving Instructor Megathread - Part 2 Do Not Advertise in here

Does anyone know if there are any Russian speaking driving instructors in Sheffield?

I'm interested in what you and others think price-wise is too much.

There's always cheaper but why do you think that is?

Does "cheap" come with "desperate for business", "just qualified", "struggling to find my feet in this business"?

What do you think the economics of running a car, a franchise (maybe) are?

What do you pay your window cleaner per hour? Your hairdresser/barber/plumber/tiler?

What constitutes "good" in a driving instructor, anyway? How will you know?

Just asking/interested.

I think £20 an hour for driving lessons is a bargain. They are teaching you how to not kill yourself on the roads.

Around £20 a lesson.. But I'm sure AA is about £24 a lesson and when booking a few that £4 each time soon adds up

Just passed my driving test this morning :)

Can highly recommend Julie at Ecosafe Driving. I started lessons with her three months ago at 31 having never driven before and with no idea what to expect and she helped get my confidence up very quickly by giving me experience of a wide variety of situations early in my lessons. Not only was she a brilliant instructor but she also was good enough to tell me I was ready for my test before I thought I was, rather than just let me carry on with my planned program and keep taking my money for lessons - saved me £200 in the end!

You can probably find cheaper instructors out there, but her block bookings are still excellent value IMHO and for the quality of instruction it's well worth it. The car's great to drive as well, fairly new Corsa.

If she can teach me, she can teach anyone!

Anyone know of a good automatic driving instructor please in s13 area?

Many thanks,

Clare

Hi

I am looking to get driving lessons for my son, can anyone recommend a driving instructor who has Mini's to learn in? I am also looking at block booking lessons for him, i have seen some that say 10 lessons for £100 are they any good.

Any recommendation and feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks for Reading

A driving instructor with a bit of imagination in choosing roads to do reversing round corners and 3 point turns.

Some days on certain routes you come after one driving school then another etc.. all practically on the same road.

Surely there are more side roads in Sheffield than driving schools / teachers !

Sorry to the learner driver I beeped at who stalled on the Chapletown roundabout yesterday.

I'm usually very tolerant of learners, but not of instructors who don't practise what they preach. I thought you was one of those, as I didn't know that children where allowed to be in the car whilst one was learning. Not the best situation to put them in. Had I not been paying attention I could have run right into you.

I blame your instructor, they should not have put you and your children in that position.

Sorry to the learner driver I beeped at who stalled on the Chapletown roundabout yesterday.

I'm usually very tolerant of learners, but not of instructors who don't practise what they preach. I thought you was one of those, as I didn't know that children where allowed to be in the car whilst one was learning. Not the best situation to put them in. Had I not been paying attention I could have run right into you.

I blame your instructor, they should not have put you and your children in that position.

Good job you were paying attention then, i hope every time you drive you actually pay attention!!!

My grand daughter just passed with Kath Hawes from Ringinglow.

Her previous intructor had told us she was 'impossible' but with patience Kath got her through first time. She put us all at ease and was ready to chat on the phone about how we could help with my grand daughters stress levels!

I would recommend her very highly to anyone!

She is based in S11 but I think she covers most of south west Sheffield. I don't know the rates as my son paid and this isn't an advert anyway, it's my honest recommendation!

Please give Kath a call if you have a nervous teen about to hit the road.

0114 230 1535

Just passed my driving test this morning :)

Can highly recommend Julie at Ecosafe Driving. I started lessons with her three months ago at 31 having never driven before and with no idea what to expect and she helped get my confidence up very quickly by giving me experience of a wide variety of situations early in my lessons. Not only was she a brilliant instructor but she also was good enough to tell me I was ready for my test before I thought I was, rather than just let me carry on with my planned program and keep taking my money for lessons - saved me £200 in the end!

You can probably find cheaper instructors out there, but her block bookings are still excellent value IMHO and for the quality of instruction it's well worth it. The car's great to drive as well, fairly new Corsa.

If she can teach me, she can teach anyone!

3 months, thats really good. Do you mind me asking for prices etc... and how many lessons you had?

Quote please for 20 drivers to learn how to park on their own drives. please send pm