And talking of tea

The Benghazi stove consisted of two steel tubes one inside the other and and closed at one end. The central tube was the chimney and water was poured in between the tubes. It had three legs and a baccy tin was filled wth petrol and lit. Tea was ready in 5 minutes.

I was going on leave from London with a lad from Rotherham who was always trying to be the centre of attention. An old bloke opposite us on the train kept putting a bottle to his mouth so muggins grabbed it and took a drink, the bottle was for spitting in.

I love a good cuppa.

My 3rd favorite type of tea would be the one that you have at your desk at work and have forgotten all about until its stone cold but you then realise that your thirsty and catch site of the majestic cup sat full of yummy tea.

2nd favorite is the one that scolds your mouth first thing in the morning

But the best type of them all is the one from a flask that has spent the whole day being jiggled around in a back pack brewing into something really special, you get to a fantastic spot (like the top of Stanage) and pour yourself a large steaming, well brewed and well deserved cuppa.

Slurp slurp...lovely.

when coming to Canada (65) we had a couple boxs of loose Typoo in our cabin trunk when useing it with local water it came out very strong I can think whatever difference is in the water because the Canadian blend of Tettley came out fine

when coming to Canada (65) we had a couple boxs of loose Typoo in our cabin trunk when useing it with local water it came out very strong I can think whatever difference is in the water because the Canadian blend of Tettley came out fine

Not like the army canteens grey Bromide tea then.:hihi:

and talking of tea I was sitting in Lodge Moor at the age of three around came the little minnie tea pots from which you drank from the spout the tea was stone cold and even at that early age i remember thinking tea is meant thick black and HOT:gag::gag:

Bunny Deakin a hod carrier who lives on the Gleadless Valley used to boil his kippers in the tea urn at a site i worked on at Bramley.

Never forgot the taste!

Not like the army canteens grey Bromide tea then.:hihi:

yes army tea was pretty gross but then all food in Libya was three steps under the N Koreans who fought on hand full of rice:gag::gag::gag:

Which regiment were you in in Korea Flyer.

I think you asked me before was only in Korea very short time R Signals got turned around and landed up after two stops in Libya where i spent Three yrs inspecting sand sand and more sand:cool::cool::cool:

I remember the Ringtons tea van delivering to us. Real tea mind, that you had to use a tea strainer with. None of those new fangled tea bags!

Hi Tasha I started work for INGRAMS tea merchants based on Ecclesall rd in 1964 Ringtones were our main rivals and their premises were on Petre st Grimesthorpe i started as a van lad then i drove the vans i can honestly say i have NEVER drunk TEA since 1964 the reason why could not happen today due to health & safety but on a Friday the drivers only had a morning delivery then once finished we cleaned out and washed the vans in the afternoon we helped out in and around the different jobs in the factory upstairs was the blending room which was a small room with NO windows and the only way to describe the blender is a giant spin dryer which different teas from different countries would be put in to blend together the room was only large enough for one person to work in and strangely could only be locked from the outside now for the reason i haven't drunk tea since that time on more than one occasion i and other work colleagues due to practical joking have been locked in the blending room and been refused permission to exit for toilet purposes need i say more on certain occasions the tea became DAMP and then bagged ready for sale to the unsuspecting public not only was the room small but you cannot describe the dust and lack of air in that small room just take 1 tea bag and shake it over a white piece of paper just to see how much dust comes out of it then you can imagine what i am on about Ringtons drivers and ourselves had running battles all over the show sometimes taking huge risks in causing injury to one another stupid i know but we were all a lot younger then i left Ingrams in 1966 but left with many fond memories i just hope i have not put you off your drink of TEA :gag: .