Sheffield by the seaside

Has anyone been to the seaside thing at the peace gardens? I am after some comments about it. Thinking of taking my 3 yr old but sont want to gt there and be disapointed.

i think its nice and seems to have eradicated some of the usual riff raff from the peace gardens. seems to be lots of people enjoying themselves, theres crazy golf, a beach bit with sand, and a helter skelter. not much food stalls, just hot dogs and candy floss etc but there are picnic benches if you bring your own. i thought the rides were a bit expensive, but it was a nice atmosphere all in all. enjoy!

Yes, there is a sand pit, deck chairs, Helter Skelter, Swing Boats, Crazy Golf, kiddies rides, daily entertainment - Punch & Judy, bands etc, dj and apart from paying for the rides and crazy golf etc it is all free, Also Dodgems and kids rides at top of Fargate and outside Town Hall. All put on by Farrar's Funfairs who have financed it, not the Council or tax payer!

its lovely, specially on a hot day! sand, paddling, water fountains, tables with beach brollies, punch n judy, all free, there is even sheffield rock! wait for a sunny day, pack a picnic and enjoy.

Yes, there is a sand pit, deck chairs, Helter Skelter, Swing Boats, Crazy Golf, kiddies rides, daily entertainment - Punch & Judy, bands etc, dj and apart from paying for the rides and crazy golf etc it is all free, Also Dodgems and kids rides at top of Fargate and outside Town Hall. All put on by Farrar's Funfairs who have financed it, not the Council or tax payer!

and the same old crap weather rain wind lol

I'm waiting for global warming and it's rising sea levels, to bring the real thing to our doorstep!

I have been a couple of times already being a childminder. It has been a fantastic day each time a really good idea that passes a few hours on for me and the children :) .

I'm waiting for global warming and it's rising sea levels, to bring the real thing to our doorstep!

Well that will never happen unfortunatly :( wish it would.

Its brilliant although as with all places alot of things are greatly overpriced, i mean £2.50 for hook a duck! Its not even that at the bloody seaside! All you win there is toys which cost 50p for the buys. Sand pit is lovely and the swingboats are only £2 and my niece was on well over 10mins!!