Asda and it's new car parking bays.

Asda at Handsworth don't have any Parent and child bays as far as I know, and being a parent of a 12 week old it is a pain in the rear having to find a corner bay on the left hand side of the car as it usually means that the wife has to park next to the road from the side entrance off of the slip road from Handsworth Road onto the Parkway. Parent and child bays should have been a bigger prioraty than adding extra Disabled bays and eco car parking bays.

Roland

They do have parent and child, but only a few, you're very lucky to get one! They are in the corner over the side near where the cash machines are

Surely the point of parent and child spaces is to allow space for a small child in a car seat to be lifted out of the car without knocking others. Therefore, parent and child spaces should only be used when a child under about 3 is a passenger.

There is no need for these spaces to be next to the entrance of the supermarket - these should be reserved for disabled drivers.

Partly so. Also, partly, they should be placed so that young children do not have to cross the path of traffic. (That doesn't always require them to be adjacent to the doors, though; but that's a very easy way of fulfilling the condition.)

Most stores where I've actually seen the rules, do specify that those spaces are for parent-and-toddler, if not a specific age limit.

Asda at Handsworth don't have any Parent and child bays as far as I know, and being a parent of a 12 week old it is a pain in the rear having to find a corner bay on the left hand side of the car as it usually means that the wife has to park next to the road from the side entrance off of the slip road from Handsworth Road onto the Parkway. Parent and child bays should have been a bigger prioraty than adding extra Disabled bays and eco car parking bays.

Roland

Why so ?............

I should be ok parking my landrover in one of these spaces, its a diesel so is low emmisions, well it is when compared to a V8 petrol.

Sounds perfectly OK to me - it's their car park, they can decide to have parking bays for green and red striped cars if they so wish.

Unfortunately, the law doesn't help them to actually enforce their own rules on their own land.

Roland

It makes me wonder how we coped with a baby a child and a toddler. No central locking and no parent and child spaces.:huh:

Sounds fine to me! i mean come on, if you park in the space furthest away from the doors the maximum time it can take to get inside must be 40 seconds?

Going off topic a bit, someone told me they have put in some rather big speedbumps. does anyone know how bad these are? because my car dosent like speedbumps!

Im going to park my 350z there and see if someone says anything- compared to a bugatti veyron or a ferrarri my car is low emissions!

Sounds fine to me! i mean come on, if you park in the space furthest away from the doors the maximum time it can take to get inside must be 40 seconds?

Going off topic a bit, someone told me they have put in some rather big speedbumps. does anyone know how bad these are? because my car dosent like speedbumps!

The speed bumps are high and you will notice that already the bottom of cars have dug into the tarmac

They should have a non smokers bay next to the door the those who want a fag can have one whilst strolling to their car.While I'm at it the shoplifters parking space should be next to the door as they need a quick getaway.

They do have parent and child, but only a few, you're very lucky to get one! They are in the corner over the side near where the cash machines are

I think, but not too sure, that there's also some on the other side. We came across some when the car park was in it's main improvement, so not sure if they're still there.

We always try to park along the path that runs all the way to the back of the car park. That way we can get our kids straight onto the path.

Just what is it with the new parking bays that have been painted near the entrance to the Handsworth Asda main doors, Parking for cars with Low or Zero emissions. Tax band A & B. Just why do they get priority parking the same as disabled and parent children spaces. Do they think that driving a low emission vehicle means they have difficulty walking to the store entrance. By the way i have been delving into the ins and outs of Parent Children spaces, it appears that you are classed as a child upto the age of 12 years old, after that age no are no longer a child, (Sourced from Google)

If this is true its ridiculous. Priority parking is for the Disabled and Parents with toddlers. I have 3 children aged 12, 11 and 10 and I would never park in a parent and child. I stopped parking in one of those when my youngest was out of his pram so that was aged 18 months ish.