Asda and it's new car parking bays.

Just what is it with the new parking bays that have been painted near the entrance to the Handsworth Asda main doors, Parking for cars with Low or Zero emissions. Tax band A & B. Just why do they get priority parking the same as disabled and parent children spaces. Do they think that driving a low emission vehicle means they have difficulty walking to the store entrance. By the way i have been delving into the ins and outs of Parent Children spaces, it appears that you are classed as a child upto the age of 12 years old, after that age no are no longer a child, (Sourced from Google)

Edited by brus

I have just emailed Asda Head Office re this as I find it unbelieveable !!! surely disabled and mother and child bays but come on this is a joke !!!

Which Asda? Sounds a little stupid to me.

Yet another thread where people can whine about something that someone else is getting. :rolleyes:

Which Asda? Sounds a little stupid to me.

Handsworth

Yet another thread where people can whine about something that someone else is getting. :rolleyes:

I'm all for it so long as there is a very good, logical reason behind it. Like toddlers not having to go on the road and those who are unable to walk well, being able to park close to the shops.

I have just emailed Asda Head Office re this as I find it unbelieveable !!! surely disabled and mother and child bays but come on this is a joke !!!

Yes I had to look twice at it myself. Beggers belief.

Handsworth

Ah well, I always park near supermarket entrances anyway, then those who got as close to the shop as possible can sit behind me in the large queue to get out again :D.

Have they put the charging points in for electric vehicles, heard they where and that's why the spaces are there.

Im all for priority for disabled and mother and child but this is a bit weird - if they did have charging stations for the cars I note that Meadowhall have these but they are way round the back of the oasis not next to the blinkin doors!!! :confused:

Yes people may think this is an "all and nothing thread" just wait till your trying to park with a baby and its pouring it down and the few allocated mother and child spaces are full!!

Just what is it with the new parking bays that have been painted near the entrance to the Handsworth Asda main doors, Parking for cars with Low or Zero emissions.Just why do they get priority parking the same as disabled and parent children spaces. Do they think that driving a low emission vehicle means they have difficulty walking to the store entrance.

I presume it's Asda's way of doing one very small thing to encourage people to look after the environment.

The response it is getting shows just exactly how much people care about the environment when they're faced with potentially having to walk an extra ten yards.

By the way i have been delving into the ins and outs of Parent Children spaces, it appears that you are classed as a child upto the age of 12 years old, after that age no are no longer a child, (Sourced from Google)

I believe that is the legal definition of "child," but it's of no relevance to the parking spaces in Asda. It's a private car park; you are allowed to park in those spaces if, and only if, you comply with Asda's rules whatever they may be.

Just why do they get priority parking the same as disabled and parent children spaces. Do they think that driving a low emission vehicle means they have difficulty walking to the store entrance.

Acknowledgement of their impaired mental capacity?:hihi: