Violent riots and looting in UK (part 2)

The people most likley to have a gun are criminals. By searching young black men just because they are black means that you are assuming all young black men are criminals. They tend to, quite rightly get annoyed at that.

No it doesn't, it means they are amusing there is more chance of finding a weapon by searching black men, rather than searching white men.

If you have to search 100 white people to find one weapon, but only have to search 10 Black people to find one weapon, then your time is better spent searching black people, by using their time wisely they will remove more weapons from our streets, which everyone should be happy about, apart from the people that carry weapons of course.

No it doesn't, it means they are amusing there is more chance of finding a weapon by searching black men, rather than searching white men.

If you have to search 100 white people to find one weapon, but only have to search 10 Black people to find one weapon, then your time is better spent searching black people, by using their time wisely they will remove more weapons from our streets, which everyone should be happy about, apart from the people that carry weapons of course.

Apart from the nine innocent young blakc men of course. I'm sure they would be delighted to be portrayed in that way every single time they go about their business. :loopy:

Apart from the nine innocent young blakc men of course. I'm sure they would be delighted to be portrayed in that way every single time they go about their business. :loopy:

Since they are the ones most likely to be shot or knifed, you would think they would be happy that the police use their resources in the most officiant way to remove the most weapons from our streets.

If you search one Black male 50 times and no evidence of any offence then the 10 that they search would be very suspect. If they can get it wrong on one person then the chances of them getting it right on a multitude gets weaker as an argument.

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 17:21 ----------

Since they are the ones most likely to be shot or knifed, you would think they would be happy that the police use their resources in the most officiant way to remove the most weapons from our streets.

That's the argument..they don't use their resources efficiently.

If you search one Black male 50 times and no evidence of any offence then the 10 that they search would be very suspect. If they can get it wrong on one person then the chances of them getting it right on a multitude gets weaker as an argument.

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 17:21 ----------

That's the argument..they don't use their resources efficiently.

On this occasion it appears that they don't.

This is the bit that gets me.

"I believe my son has been targeted because of police racism.

He can't be the only Black person in London, so there must be another reason other than his colour for continually stopping him.

Edited by angos

On this occasion it appears that they don't.

This is the bit that gets me.

He can't be the only Black person in London, so there must be another reason other than his colour for continually stopping him.

Maybe the police are frustrated that they can't find something and have become vindictive. Maybe every time they pull him he gives them lip because of his own frustrations. We could make lots of stuff up but the evidence is that the police in this case have made stuff up..repeatedly.

Logic isn't always the answer, evidence is.

Except it's not the truth. De Menezes had not overstayed his visa - that was another lie peddled by the Met.

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 15:04 ----------

The people most likley to have a gun are criminals. By searching young black men just because they are black means that you are assuming all young black men are criminals. They tend to, quite rightly get annoyed at that.

I'm sure you support more convictions for sexual assault by ensuring more men are found guilty? even though some of these will be innocent.

Maybe the police are frustrated that they can't find something and have become vindictive. Maybe every time they pull him he gives them lip because of his own frustrations. We could make lots of stuff up but the evidence is that the police in this case have made stuff up..repeatedly.

Logic isn't always the answer, evidence is.

They must have felt he was a threat. They didn't just randomly pick a dark skinned individual and plan to kill him. Its silly to make a race issue out of it, it was just bad intelligence and stressed police officers making a wrong judgement call. In many ways there's a paradox here. In that some are usuing the issue, in effect using the victim, to score silly political points. That's you that is.

We don't hear about this story over here, not since the riots anyway. What was the verdict of the coroners court? Unlawful, narrative, misadventure or something else?

Still going on I think...