Violent riots and looting in UK (part 2)

Best thing to do is attach obligations of parental education to family allowance claims, if your in or out of work and claiming it.

Make it mandatory to use the sure starts to educate parents, learning them ways to discipline and cope with children, give them the basics of parenting so that they don't feel all they have to do is open the door in the morning, feed them at night and have them come in when they want.

Its all ok taking the power away from schools and leaving the parents with it but there is no checks or parenting/life skill education for those parent to take up the role of learning the children discipline.

Every parent should of course do this anyway, but we live more and more a lifestyle of leisure in this country and most parents don't feel that they should give that up.

I say all parents should be obliged to do it working or not because some parents neglect and sacrifice their parenting responsibilities for their careers so selfishness is not just a trait of the jobless or the single parent.

You'd be lucky seen as they will be no longer available as of next year.

I think it's quite ridiculous saying that parents should go on a course on how to bring their child up! What about the ones that work 60 hours a week to feed and clothe their children?

There doesn't need to be a parenting programme at all!

The problem is that scum is breeding scum. No amount of parenting courses will change that. Do you think they will put the time in? And what will the government do to enforce it?

I think you should think things through ;).

Parents need something, it cant goon like it is.

there was one in the metro today marching there teenage relative to the court and keeping him there. There was also a report of a mother seeing her daughter in the cctv footage and informing the police so thats not entirely true!

So thats .000000000001%,its a start.

Parents need something, it cant goon like it is.

I don't think it's right to say every parent needs something. That is actually quite offensive to a lot of parents who have brought their children up well while working all hours god sends to make sure their children have the best in life.

I know I would be offended if they told my mum and dad they had to go on a mandatory course for parenting skills. They have done well in bringing 3 children up, all with an excellent education and great jobs. So that's one reason why not all parents should be made to do it.

You will see that the problem lies mainly with the jobless scum breeding more and more children for money. They don't really care about the child's welfare. They just throw it out on the streets at 4 years old and it brings itself up and ends up in the wrong crowd of people.

And then the cycle continues when that child gets to 16 years old.

40 university graduates for every job at the last count, and getting worse.

This is partly due bto the fact that the subjects being studied will not lead to employment.

We are still importing doctors, nurses and other professionals.

Why aren,t our young people studying and graduating in subjects that will lead to filling the skills gap in this country and giving them excellent employment prospects ?

Most the people involved in the riots are doing so because they have not been taught about respect and have never been taught that you have to work hard to get what you want. You can't pin the blame on any one thing, it is a culmination of a number of factors.

It is only going to get worse as in some families you are already having to go back a few generations until you find someone who accepted that hard work, respect and discipline was a bare minimum to get by in life. Some people expect it too easy and this expectation comes from lots of different places including parenting, education, media.

Until there are some fundamental changes there is always going to be the potential for these groups of people to behave in the way we have seen over the past week. For starters choosing not to work can't be an attractive option. If you make that choice you have to accept you aren't entitled to any more than a roof over your head and food on the table.

So thats .000000000001%,its a start.

You said you hadn't heard one parent complain. I gave you two and Im guessing there are more. Not enough clearly but they are there!

The Victorians seperated the needy into the deserving and undeserving.

I think we are need to consider this concept again.

The undeserving, anti social section could be moved into workhouses where there would be a strict disciplined regime and hard work. This would be paid for by the unnecessary payment of housing and other benefits.

Those who did not improve would have their lot progressively made worse.

Those who proved an improvement in their behaviour and attitude would be offered education and training.

NOt wading through all the posts, but what I'm about to write may have been written earlier by someone else.

This could be the watershed, the turning point in our society whereby behaving in a decent way, and respecting your neighbour could become the norm.

Perhaps where respecting other people's property and working hard for your own possesions could be the way forward.

It does seem alll races/backgrounds have been affected by this, and they all seem to have come together to combat this behaviour - perhaps this could have been the best thing to ever happen to this country.

If thats the case, compensate all the victims fully, the people who have lost homes & businesses and wipe the slate clean. Start afresh and look forward to a brighter future

You said you hadn't heard one parent complain. I gave you two and Im guessing there are more. Not enough clearly but they are there!

I hadn't heard of any but have now heard of 2 so what I said was correctomundo.

Apparently the the only premises not looted were bookshops and that fine purveyor of bodily hygiene products Bodyshop. :D