Violent riots and looting in UK (part 2)

I thought it was in the constitution that they can't bring the army in, only the National Guard.
Isn't the National gaurd an organisation in the US?

I've been in the regular and terrirorial army and never once came accross an element of the National Guard although when I was a child we did have 'National Dried Milk'.:hihi:

To be perfectly honest, who cares?

Because there is no such thing here.

However all the reports i've heard here are saying it just won't happen... For numerous reasons!

Here's a message to all the cowardly rioters.......... you want to be big men and fight to the death? well get your sorry arses on the next plane to Afghanistan and stand alongside real men, they're called soldiers!!! and they are fighting a war, unlike you bunch of useless, lazy, pathetic, thieving, wastes of space

Can we have a 'Like' button on this Forum please?

I've heard there is now rioting going on in devenshire green??

Anyone know if this is true??? :confused:

Isn't the National gaurd an organisation in the US?

I've been in the regular and terrirorial army and never once came accross an element of the National Guard although when I was a child we did have 'National Dried Milk'.:hihi:

If I could put on an arm band and then go down and help support the Police I would, but it won't happen.

people in their homes would still be able to use their phones you know (landline).

If they had one.

Inner London 3 million, if you include outer London that’s more like 8 million and you want to turn of the mobile network and internet ……… ya right.

Simplistic solutions, such as 'lock them up, and throw away the key' might stop this generation of socially dislocated rioters. But it won't stop future generations.

The only way to do that is to understand the motivation behind it. What drives a disadvantaged person to such an extreme? Obviously, the people taking part in the rioting feel that they have nothing to lose. That their life is worthless.

They should be pitied.

Pitiful more like.

I think that the mods should stop your posts, you're either a wind up merchant or just plain stupid but either way you should be banned for a while.

Is this starting in Sheffield? Anybody know?

I have just read on Facebook that there's trouble on London Road and in Pitsmoor. Don't know how much truth is in it.

What knock on effects do you think these riots will have on the commercial property industry?

With major events at Wembley being cancelled, do you think there will be any major repercussions for the commercial property industry?

Is this starting in Sheffield? Anybody know?

I have just read on Facebook that there's trouble on London Road and in Pitsmoor. Don't know how much truth is in it.

I've read the same, London Road and town. I really hope it isn't starting :(

Anyone seen the clip on TV of the guy who was attacked with blood running from his face. Someone helps him and then he and his friends go through his backpack whilst still on his back.

I really cannot believe that people are making excusses for these scum and blaming

society in general, but, then again....

I would think that blame lies elsewhere, perhaps with the parents (hint, hint).

...although the US Federal government has no right to bring in the Army, the governor of any US state could - and probably would - bring in the State National Guard very quickly in the event of a riot.

I thought it was in the constitution that they can't bring the army in, only the National Guard.

See the quote from my first post. That's what I said.

The FEDERAL government has no right to send in the Army but the STATE GOVERNOR can bring in the State National Guard. Each State in the US is a sovereign entity.

(Which is why - harking back to Hurricane Katrina - Dubya didn't send FEDERAL troops into New Orleans. Kathleen Blanco (then Governor of Louisiana) wouldn't give him permission to do so.)