Where to get a lobster dinner?

I'm looking for somewhere reasonably priced not necessarily in Sheffield centre for a lobster meal?

I've done a search of the forum and a couple came up, mainly Sheffield Bar & Grill but I've looked at their menu & there's no mention of lobster on there.

:help:

Just checked Loch Fyne website, they serve lobster, not sure of the price or the quality.

The Mediterranean in hunter's bar do them, they bring them out live on a tray and you can choose the one you want for your dinner. It's amazing food (all of it, including the starters and puds), but quite pricey. Lobster is the most expensive dish by far, the last time I went (about a year ago), they were £33. This does include an amazing platter with mussels, prawns, clams and crab caviar with salad in a blooming amazing sauce.

If you go - get the scallop starter, it's to die for! :)

The Mediterranean gets my vote, Loch Fyne has gone down hill massively.

If you go to the Mediterranean I would ring to check that they have some lobster in. Sometimes it is scrubbed off the blackboard. Just so you are not dissapointed.

Lobster? Sheffield?

Good luck!

Sheffield doesn't have too many top end restaurants. You could look up Marco's or Artisan perhaps - but as you've seen from the replies so far, you've asked a tough question of Sheffield. (Price is king in Sheffield and Lobster is expensive, so...)

You'll know I'm sure that Loch Fyne is just a high street chain restaurant. It sounds to me like you may have more eclectic taste than that.

If you are willing to drive then there is a fantastic restaurant near to Huddersfield which definitely has lobster and fresh seafood - the 3 Acres at Shelley.

Poor Mr Lobster. Just sitting there going about his lobstery business and then he's all dead and in a fat mans mouth. Poor Mr Lobster.

I've had Lobster at Loch Fynne but that was in Bluewater, Kent which was pretty good. Not been to the Sheffield one yet as we have only just moved back home - some comments here suggest I shouldn't get too excited though which is a shame.

Why, what does a lobster have for his dinner then?

They sell live lobsters and crabs in Makro so I assume someone must buy them.

Re: Loch Fyne - been once with wife and 5 year old. Whitebait was hard and dry, kid's fish fingers were cooked in old oil and chips half done, wife's salmon main was over cooked. Her mussel starter was good and my fish chowder was fab but overall would not go back. And it wasn't that busy so no excuse.

My vote also for the mediterranean restaurant on sharrowvale rd.